Recent content by BoilerCLE

1. BoilerCLE

Bag Boy Revolver XP Cart Bag

Day 22 - Rain Cover Taking a quick pocket break to review the rain cover. I've had a wide range of rain covers in my various bags and found that I care about two things... it fits tight and has plenty of clearance around the driver. Sure enough, this has both! 4 buttons on the bag secure the...
  2. BoilerCLE

Day 21 - Pocket #3 (5-year-old edition) Ball retriever sleeve in a pocket? "That doesn't make any sense," my 5-year-old casually mentioned. "First, why would you hit it in the water when you're trying to hit it in the hole? And even if you did, why wouldn't you just jump in and grab it?" Fair...
  3. BoilerCLE

It's the ultimate accessory! I'm usually hit or miss on ball retrievers, but in a cart bag with a dedicated space and plenty of pockets, why not?
  4. BoilerCLE

Day 20 - Pocket #3 (Bonus feature!) Apologies to those who are living vicariously through these reviews...day 19 was one of those roll out of bed, work until bedtime, and climb back into bed kind of days. Man, I'm ready for the weekend! I promised something unique about pocket #3 and here it...
  5. BoilerCLE

Day 18 - Pocket #3 Sorry, no Paw Patrol today. Instead we'll talk about pocket #3, the roomiest pocket on the bag. Full length, opposite of the umbrella, there's plenty of room for a pullover, heavy rain jacket, and rain pants (as pictured) . You could also fill this thing with chips, dip...
  6. BoilerCLE

Day 17 - Pocket #2 (5-year-old edition) Pocket #2 (reviewed yesterday) is the middle pocket on the left side of the bag (opposite of the umbrella). It may be small, but it's big enough for my 5-year-old to lug 23 paw patrol pups (well, 22 and a chicken) to the nearest driving range! Just...
  7. BoilerCLE

Day 16 - Pocket #2 Pocket #2 is the middle pocket on the left side of the bag (opposite of the umbrella). This is the smallest non-waterproof pocket on the bag - definitely a good size for a rangefinder (pictured) or your stash of 78 tees and 27 ball markers that you nabbed at the local country...
  8. BoilerCLE

Day 15 - Pocket #1 (5-year-old edition) This bag has so much room and so many pockets that you'll be scrambling to figure out what to do with all the space. So I enlisted my 5-year-old to come up with some ideas... Pocket #1 (reviewed yesterday) is the outside pocket on the left side of the...
  9. BoilerCLE

Day 14 - Pocket #1 Alright, 2 weeks in and going to start draw these out a bit to keep building the excitement. Every day, I'll post a picture of one of the NINE pockets on the bag, and something useful that will fit in it. The next day, I'll post a picture of what my 5-year-old wanted to fit...
  10. BoilerCLE

Day 13 - Rest A lot of content scheduled over the next several weeks - we haven't even touched the pockets yet! But today looks like a good day to take a break and pick it back up tomorrow. LOVING all the interaction on this thread - let's see those bags! Also, really interested in this...
  11. BoilerCLE

Would you want a Happy Gilmore 2?

I think it's all about the actor buy-in and legit cameos. Lee Trevino, Bob Barker, and Verne Lundquist playing themselves added just enough legitimacy to the movie that golfers could get into while ignoring the continuity errors and rule stretching from the golf itself. I find the biggest...
  12. BoilerCLE

Day 12 - The Top (part 4) - Clip Tricks I promised some fun, so here we go! If you recall from prior reviews, you have an extra slot up top if you use the putter well. Some people would use it for an extra club, a training aid, or a trick to make your opponent think you're beating him with...
  13. BoilerCLE

Day 11 - The Top (part 3) - Clip-Lok Outside of the rotating top, the Clip-Lok is probably the next most unique thing about this bag. 12 of the club compartments (plus the putter well) have a small opening that allows you to "clip" your clubs into place. That means no club rattling, no losing...
  14. BoilerCLE

Day 10 - The Top (part 2) - The Rotating Top Here we go - it's the main event! Honestly there's not much to say about the rotating top that's surprising - it just works. The grips lock in the bottom, while the rotation has a quiet click that allows you to easily rotate in either direction...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in