Recent content by bonknhead

1. bonknhead

RIP Dick Clark

Sad that Dick Clark is gone. He was an inspiration to many, still hosting his Rockin' New Year's Eve show after his stroke. RIP Mr. Clark. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57415954-10391698/dick-clark-dead-at-82/
  2. bonknhead

Taylormade Golf Pre-owned Experiences?

I just received my R9 Supertri from TM Preowned. The condition was listed as "Very Good". I received the driver today and I'm...underwhelmed. The crown is fine with just very faint scratches and no chips, but the black face has many blemishes with the black finish scratched off in a couple of...
  3. bonknhead

Bennington Zone III Stand Bag

I'm shopping for my own Father's Day gift, and this year I wanted a new stand bag. I currently have a cart bag that I won from THP and a 10-year-old Belding Comp stand bag. The Belding was an OK bag - light (5lbs), good-looking and well-made (looks like new after all these years), but it has a...
  4. bonknhead

Is the golf course liable?

This poor kid attends the same HS my son does. It seems odd to me that the golf course would put up an awning at the driving range, but I would think that the kid is still responsible for making sure that his swing path as well as the ball's path are clear. Teen hit with own golf ball sues for...
  5. bonknhead

Android Phone Thread

I saw the iPhone thread and at least one other thread asking about what phone to get next, so thought I should start yet another mobile phone thread. :D I just got an HTC EVO. I think it's an awesome phone - much better than my old Palm Treo Pro on WM 6.1. The only gripe I have is battery...
  6. bonknhead

Callaway Diablo Edge Sweepstakes

Just got an email about this today: Diablo Edge Sweepstakes Good luck to anyone who enters!
  7. bonknhead

Mini So Cal Outing?

Hey THP'ers, I'm going to be in Anaheim from July 31st to August 8th for some family stuff, and I'm getting together with my BIL and nephew to play at the Dad Miller course in Anaheim (short course, just a little over 5600 yards). The only day I can carve out for golf would be a few hours on...
  8. bonknhead

Christmas shopping? Already?

I just purchased my first Christmas gift - a PS3 for my kids. Found a good deal online, and I wanted to get the current PS3 160gb version before the PS3 Slim comes out because the Slim isn't backward compatible with my kids' rather large PS2 game collection. The "old" PS3 will probably rise in...
  9. bonknhead

Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

I carry two dimes - a 1993 one and a 1995 one - the years my two sons were born, to mark my ball on the green. I just lost the 1993 one this past Sunday :sad: so I need to find another one. What do you use to mark your ball on the green?
  10. bonknhead

Hello from Oregon

Hi there, new member from Oregon. The golf season (well, at least the dry golf season) is a short one here, but I try to play just about every weekend. I typically play only nine holes at a time, due to time constraints and family needs. I love the game and learn more about myself and the...
Back