Recent content by Borss

1. Borss

Rules question

I'm just off the green, directly behind two sprinkler heads, dead center. They're not affecting my stance at all, but are in the way of me putting or hitting a bump and run. Am I entitled to relief?
  2. Borss

Just your average weekday round.

So, I'm hitting balls at my club before my usual Wednesday round and Webb Simpson steps up 2 spots down. He was really nice. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  3. Borss

How do you stay focused?

How do you stay focused on the task at hand during a round? I find that my mind tends to drift off thinking of other things and I end up making a dumb mistake like improper setup or taking an unnecessary risk. What things do you do to remind yourself to refocus on every shot?
  4. Borss

How many balls do you carry?

When playing 18, what's the minimum amount of golf balls you like to have to start with? Mine is 6, even thought I rarely lose more than 1 per round. I'm a bit obsessive.
  5. Borss

Not focusing on your score..

So you get off to a hot start. You're even par or better thru the 7th hole. You realize you can go low and possibly post a new PB. How do you forget about the score and focus on your game so you don't let the pressure get to you? This is something I often struggle with.
  6. Borss

AT&T Pebble Beach Amateur handicaps

Anyone else think some of these amateurs are bad at math? Either that or there are a lot of single digits who can barely make contact with the ball....
  7. Borss

Loose Epoxy In the Shaft

I don't know how to re grip so not sure how I would handle it.
  8. Borss

Finally broke 80!

I shot a 36 43 for 79. Previous best was 81 on another course. 82 on this one, my home course. Man was I shaking with a down hill 3 footer for par on 18!
  9. Borss

Too early

Sunday morning at the local course with my little brother around 7:15 am. The guy in front of us buys two bud Bud Lights. He wasn't a kid either, he was probably mid 40's. I'm no prude but I think that's a bit much.
  10. Borss

Fluke back 9 yesterday

I'm A 20 ish handicap and shot a 35 on the back 9 on a par 72. 6 pars 2 birds and a bogey. With a 45 on the front, I just missed breaking 80. This game will drive me to my grave.
  11. Borss

Committing to the shot

Does anyone else find themselves poorly executing shots because of lack of confidence and not trusting your skills?
  12. Borss

Obsessive compulsive

Does anyone else wash there clubs after every round. Do I need professional help?
  13. Borss

Does watching the pros give you poor golf judgement?

I find myself taking shots that I have no business attempting, probably because I see Phil and Tiger and the bunch make miracle shots weekly and it blows my score up 9-10 times.. Anyone else have this problem?
  14. Borss

Ball Marks

Does anyone else get frustrated when you get on the green and there's 5+ ball marks?
  15. Borss

Aerated Greens

Should courses give a discount when aerating their greens since it makes putting near impossible?
Back