Recent content by bosevelt

1. B

SWAG Putters Thread

I fell for that Scatter cover when the email hit. And TBH, I was kinda done with the stuff in a way. But just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! Long story, but I got one! Couldn't believe it wasn't sniped.
  2. B

For Sale SWAG Golf Anniversary Releases: Real Deal, King of Diamonds, Thing

1. King of Diamonds Putter w/ Headcover - $1315. I paid $1250 for this putter in a charity auction to benefit a Chicago food bank. That charity was hosted by Plugged in Golf, great idea and glad to be a part of it. I am asking the extra 5% to cover PayPal fees, but just looking for the...
  3. B

For Sale Cobra King Tour Copper MIM, 4-P, RH, Stiff

Love these, but I have to let them go and move into a game improvement set due to an injury. I bought these new from a local dealer, stock setup. 4-P, RH, Stiff, KBS $-Taper 120. I’ve tried to show the clubs with the most wear. These retail for $1400 and are backordered. Price is $1000.
  4. B

SWAG Putters Thread

My first sighting of the Special Thing...
  5. B

SWAG Putters Thread

It remains a mystery of how some people get five items and others can't get one with immediate checkout of in-kind items that the multiple item guy got. I just don't get it. Is there like a random selection of users and whatever that user wants (be it 1 or 5 items) that user gets?
  6. B

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

Well, it fit my swing well enough to put it in the bag! Last year (and the year before) was the F9 with the Ventus Blue. I tried to move on to something slightly more forgiving, but only if it competed with F9 distance. The Ping G425 LST had similar distance, but I couldn't get much help out...
  7. B

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

That's fair. I certainly won't argue with the entire industry and physics as a whole! But, from my experience, the GI drivers just don't lead to better scores for me. I am a high spin, quick transition player, with decent strike, so the lower spin help outweighs the lower spin losses, again...
  8. B

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

There isn't enough magic in the forgiveness model that is going to make my miss worth the losses it demonstrates on good hits. Meaning, if I miss a drive, I miss it, woods right and lake left. If I hit a decent one, I'd rather have the 10-15 yards extra be it centered or just off the fairway.
  9. B

SWAG Putters Thread

I don’t know if you guys saw the PluggedInGolf charity auction on Instagram for the King of Diamonds putter, but it was a cool thing to do. They auctioned of a KOD with cover to benefit a local Chicago food bank. It raised $1250, which looks like a pretty decent deal on that combo, looking at...
  10. B

SWAG Putters Thread

Hey there, throwing out a possible trade. I have a sealed Lincoln Almighty blade. Looking for a like trade, like a Lincoln mallet, or maybe one of the new releases from today in a mallet. Let me know!
  11. B

Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I wouldn't go as far as "Ping like" durability if you mean the finish. Mine is wearing on the outer edges of the most used club (set was a demo from the pro shop, 7 iron was unwrapped). The club face is fine, but the back sharper edges are susceptible. They were bent 2 UP and they do show...
  12. B

SWAG Putters Thread

My bad, my bad. Cherries will be chopped! Revised list; 1. Jefferson (obviously) 2. Franklin 3. Lincoln / Washington (tie) 5. Grant / Hamilton (tie) 7. Jackson
  13. B

SWAG Putters Thread

Thoughts on the most desirable of the Almighty series (not including the Jefferson) ? The numbers seem to show the Jackson being the most available on Ebay, with Franklin commanding the highest value. My guess right now is: 1. Jefferson (obviously) 2. Franklin 3. Lincoln / Washington (tie)...
Back