Recent content by Boston_golfer

1. Boston_golfer

New England Members

Guys, any courses north of Boston open? I know a bunch in RI and on the Cape are open, but I'm more interested in getting a quick round in rather than making an all day road trip out of it.
  2. Boston_golfer

What makes this game tough for YOU?

I've had days where I hit 90% of fairways. I've had days where most of my approach shots were GIR, and if not hey were no more than a short chip away. I've had days where I could get long putts to within inches, and sink 10 footers like it was no ones business. If I could get all those...
  3. Boston_golfer

Buying Used Cars

How low is your low-ball offer? What percentage is your go-to discount on your initial offer? Does the cars price make a different? Let's hear what you car buying gurus have to say...
  4. Boston_golfer

Pick a Pickup

Let's hear it. Which and why.
  5. Boston_golfer

Stat Tracking Sheet

A while ago I had seen a sheet online to keep detailed stats of your round. You basically fill in the course info, (yardage per hole, etc) and then use it as a scorecard...keeping track of things like Penalties, fairways hit/direction, FIR, GIR, up & down, approach yardage, putts, putts from 3...
  6. Boston_golfer

Golf in ARUBA

Got a trip planned for later this year. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the courses. Let's hear it.
  7. Boston_golfer

The Mental Hump

I think I'm in a big time mental rut. I have a swing in scoring like crazy. 3 weeks ago I shot a PB 89, and now my last round I shot a 115. My short game is the same....decent. Everything else is in shambles. Driver, Irons, Hybrids....everything. My practice swings feel great but once I...
  8. Boston_golfer

Implementing Swing Changes

After a lesson, or self analysis, how do you go about implementing swing changes? Finding a drill is easy enough, but what kinda reps do you find ingrain the changes you need? Do you find playing rounds during these changes help, or is it counter productive? Does hitting bad shots during the...
  9. Boston_golfer

Shorten Backswing with a full turn?

I've been working on shortening my back swing. If I just set up to the ball without a 2nd thought and just swing natural, I go past parallel because I'm trying to "feel" the full turn. When I shorten my back swing, I get much more consistent hitting, but don't feel like I'm getting a full turn...
  10. Boston_golfer

Halo Neuroscience

A search here turned up nothing. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this device? Supposedly it allows your brain to learn better, and intensifies the results of training (over simplification, I know) It costs $750, and looks like a set of headphones. Anyone know anything about...
  11. Boston_golfer

Golf Trick Shot Videos

Am I the only one that hates them? Watching them just annoys the crap outta me. A close 2nd on my hate list is the corny 30 second golf related "funny" (I use that term extremely loosely) skits that keep popping up on FB/IG.
  12. Boston_golfer

Teeing up Irons

I've seen people approach teeing up iron shots differently. Some bury the tee in the ground and barely elevate the ball, some people have it 1/2" off the ground. Some people play it as they would a regular iron shot, some play it more forward in their stance. What do you guys do when teeing...
  13. Boston_golfer

Swing Change Routine

After a lesson, or self analysis, how do you go about ingraining the changes? Strictly Range work? Winging it on the course?
  14. Boston_golfer

WTB - US Kids Golf clubs

Looking for a set for 45" child...preferably pink. Thanks.
  15. Boston_golfer

Palm Injury

I made an appointment with my doctor to evaluate, but I figured I'd ask fellow golfers. I had an indoor session that went pretty bad. I was hitting way behind the ball, and as we all know, matts are far less forgiving than grass. I had a sore wrist the next day, and the inner part of my...
Back