Recent content by Brassie

1. Brassie

Watch enthusiasts?

When I first started flying, my dad brought this watch back for me, from one of his Japan trips circa 1970... Its a Seiko mechanical automatic Navigator Timer and works perfectly and has never been opened. Here's a Seiko Chronograph I bought in the 90's... a TAG Heuer Aquaracer... a mid...
  2. Brassie

Guns and Golf

Are ya reloadin' yet? ;)
  3. Brassie

Facebook jail

I go to my acct about once a year, have a look around at all the meals I missed that old friends ate about 11 months ago, then I see all the political jackassery and close the page. What a waste of time.
  4. Brassie

Less Than Full Wedge Shots

Another option: open stance, aim club face at target, ball off of back foot or just inside back foot, choke down and either half swing or 3/4 swing and hit down hard on the back of the ball. Nice little half or 3/4 distance shots that are flighted low, with a lot of spin and hit the green and...
  5. Brassie

Guns and Golf

You forgot hookers and blow. :ROFLMAO:
  6. Brassie

Guns and Golf

Yup! they are not too bad. I enjoy shooting my two. The 454 Casull is on another level... that one you have to actually control all of the recoil.
  7. Brassie

Guns and Golf

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
  8. Brassie

Guns and Golf

I had a 12ga 870 way back, with a 20" rifle sight slug barrel chambered for 3" shells. I used to hunt feral hogs with it in south Florida. That thing hurt with just a t-shirt on. Black and blue for days.
  9. Brassie

Guns and Golf

I solved the 45acp ammo low inventory issue. I found 850 rounds of 230gr FMJ, new in box, from an obscure place I know about for $0.50/round... which is about half price right now. It got delivered today. I also found some more factory rounds I had squirreled away in another steel...
  10. Brassie

What is your favorite dog breed and why?

Boxers... because of their personality, athleticism, loyalty, family protection nature and their playful / goofy clown side. My two Boxer knuckleheads. They are quite the pair! The male is 96 lbs and the female is 84 lbs. Same sire, two different dams.
  11. Brassie

Rules question....

Hit better tee shots and you don't have to deal with this crap. ;)
  12. Brassie

Guns and Golf

Did you count them yet, to make sure they didn't short you? :ROFLMAO:
  13. Brassie

Lie/Loft curiosity...

The Titleist sets are new to me. I had them on the launch monitor at the range and noticed some carry yardage anomalies. So I got curious about what the lofts were... hence I bought the measurement tool to see where the lofts are. I need to collect more launch monitor data before I make...
  14. Brassie

Lie/Loft curiosity...

This is the bending machine my clubmaker has. I wonder what the QC tolerance is on variance from spec? What do they accept or reject on? My worst ones in the 718 AP1 set are the 5 iron, spec is 24*, measured is 22.8*. The 8 iron is similarly out of spec.. .supposed to be 34*, actual is...
  15. Brassie

Lie/Loft curiosity...

Thank you for the perspective. It's my first time measuring my sticks, so am wandering around at the moment, unsure what to do about it. I wrote down all the data. I'll keep an eye on the launch monitor data and decide a course of action that fixes some of the gaps. (y)
Back