Recent content by BrianW

1. BrianW

2024 Maltby Playability Ratings

I know these are contentious but I thought I would put them here for those who are interested. These are only 2024 clubs. Callaway AI Smoke Max 817, AI Smoke HL 766, AI Smoke 599, Apex CB 486, Apex MB 470, Apex Pro 239. Cobra Dark Speed One Length 755, Dark Speed 713. Ping G730 555, Blueprint S...
  2. BrianW

Are spiked shoes necessary anymore?

I have two pair of Skechers soft spikes. Good traction and comfy.
  3. BrianW

Brand Talk: What comes to mind when you think of PING?

Great engineering. Custom fitting. Clubs that last. I just handed down my Ping G15's to a friend. They still look like they did the day I got them. And great forgiveness.
  4. BrianW

PXG Gen 6

I have the 0211 Xcor 2 in the 60 A MMT shaft and I love them. That shaft kicks butt!
  5. BrianW

Has PXG Arrived?

I am going to start by saying that there are so many companies that make great golf equipment. I played Ping from 2011 to last summer. I first got fit for the driver. And let it be known that price was a big consideration. I then got fit for irons and a hybrid. Both fittings were great. I am...
  6. BrianW

Hanging It Up

I feel pretty lucky that in the Seattle area we have a lot of nice courses around the $50 mark. I bought new clubs this year, first since my Ping G15's in 2012. I got fitted for PXG 0211 Xcor 2 irons, a 0211 hybrid and five wood for a great price. Rounds do seem to take longer but my golf...
  7. BrianW

Portland may lose golf course to MLB

I used to play it alot when I lived in Beaverton. I also played Meriwether alot as well. I think it would be terrible if they replaced that course. It was still Progress when I was playing it. Excellent proshop.
  8. BrianW

Your Favorite of 2023 - Irons

PXG 0211 Xcor2
  9. BrianW

Need Pants Recommendations

I second the Haggar Cool Right or Cool 18. I also wear those in shorts as well.
  10. BrianW

Why Are You Playing the Ball That You Do?

I found at my very slow swing speed (82 mph driver) the Q Star Tour was 5-7 yards further. I am just running out of my Kirkland V2 so I am curious if the V3 will be longer than the V2.
  11. BrianW

Why Are You Playing the Ball That You Do?

Playing the Kirkland for its combination of price and performance. I was playing Qstar Tour which is a bit longer. But the Kirkland is a bit better around the green.
  12. BrianW

Do You Play a Set Gap or Approach Wedge?

I play set all the way to lob wedge.
Back