Recent content by Buckeyegolfnut

1. Buckeyegolfnut

The Official Banter Away Thread

Yeah, it looked lik freakin' Woodstock!
  2. Buckeyegolfnut

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

Snow squalls. I'm not that gut hooked and loonie anymore.
  3. Buckeyegolfnut

Official Rant of the Day

I've kind of given up on the early season around here. My main golf buddy will be sure to call, and I'll invent some reason why I can't go. But, I will make sure to call him afterward and ask how the course was. It's always the same. Balls plugging and jumping back, slogging through mud! And the...
  4. Buckeyegolfnut

How to prevent standing up/lean back

What did I tell you in my first reply? It seems like your problem is with the lower body. The golf swing is an athletic movement. Some guys can make an upper body swing work, and some can't. Not to complicate this too much, but it seems to me that you simply have to work at some way to stay in...
  5. Buckeyegolfnut

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

Getting up there in age (71), a pretty solid week of it will do it to me bodywise. I guess you could call that physical burnout, but there is a mental component. A few years ago my main golf buddy's Son had a vacation week scheduled and told us he wanted to "golf it up big time!" I had bought...
  6. Buckeyegolfnut

Do people give you golf gifts?

We don't do the gift thing anymore. At our ages we have everything we need, and I don't know what I'd do with Nitro or Top Flite balls. What am I saying? I'd play them. One thing those are good for is not caring at all if you bash one into the tall and uncut. My main golf buddy's family is...
  7. Buckeyegolfnut

Let's talk about swing speed.

Jim, that could be a revelation for many! Now, I don't know how you came to term your backswing as "shorter". Is it just a feel, or from someone observing you, or from video? Long, languid, picturesque backswings are a joy to behold, but what matters is how solidly you contact the ball! One...
  8. Buckeyegolfnut

How to prevent standing up/lean back

It sounds to me like your issue is with your lower body. First, I need to understand your terminology. When you say lean back do you mean letting your weight shift to the outside of of your rear foot, or do you mean standing up straighter? It kind of sounds to me like the latter. A buddy of...
  9. Buckeyegolfnut

The 60 and over Thread

Getting out for the second time this year tomorrow. Tee time is shortly after Noon which is fine by me. I've never cared to be a dew sweeper or a frost cruncher, which just might be the case early tomorrow. When I got the call, I almost begged off thinking the damned grass might need cut again...
  10. Buckeyegolfnut

Let's talk about swing speed.

True. But you still have to not only square the clubface, but actually close it slightly to the path of that in to out swing, or you will just hit pushes to the right. And your arms can still be fairly close to the body at impact, even with a swing shape like that.
  11. Buckeyegolfnut

The 60 and over Thread

That's one of the great things about this game. Yes, you'll run into the occasion a**hole, but most of us actually want to see our competitors or partners play well. One of the guys we play with fairly often hits the ball a country mile! So much so that my buddy and I, we're both 71, have...
  12. Buckeyegolfnut

The Ultimate 3

But who bought? 🤷‍♂️
  13. Buckeyegolfnut

Wasting Time?

Reading instructional articles from Golf Digest was basically how I learned to play the game. Of course, this was WAYYYY back in the day when GD was still a magazine that was actually worth reading! I also received a little bit of instruction from an Uncle who was a "country club pro" back in...
  14. Buckeyegolfnut

Winter full of sim swings: Will it translate to the course?

It's the ones with the ball below my feet that screw me up!
  15. Buckeyegolfnut

Official Rant of the Day

I've been reading your posts, and they make me more and more glad that I retired when I did! The last job I ever had went from the best job I ever had to the worst in a surprisingly short period of time. It's just illustrative of the idea that destruction is far easier then construction. I...
Back