I'm a 49 year old beginning golfer. Yes, beginning! Took the game up about 18 months ago as something to do with the wife and get more exercise and spend some time with the guys at church (we're the golfing-est church around). It's been a steep learning curve (to say the least). This is not a game you just take up at 49! I've had some lessons, read a lot of different stuff and been coached by everybody. Through it all I am improving. When I first started it was double par every time - 144. I have shot 115, which probably doesn't sound great to many here but to me it was amazing. A couple of weeks ago I actually went par, bogey, bogey and felt like I was almost playing golf! So I'm hanging in there and seeing if I can get better.

My other passions are hunting, football (of any kind), Bible study, reading and bluegrass music (I play a little mandolin).

Really like the friendly nature of this board and hope to figure out more that will help my golf game and maybe even contribute a little (I sure know what NOT to do!).

golf, hunting, watching football of any kind, bluegrass music, astronomy, running
Handicap

Trophies

1. 10

I like it a lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  2. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  3. 20

Addicted

1,000 messages? Impressive!
  4. 10

Can't stop!

You've posted 100 messages!
  5. 5

Keeps coming back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  6. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
Back