Recent content by Buddyjay

1. Buddyjay

FS - White Clay Creek Coupon

Golf Now had offered (last month) a $35 greens fee deal at White Clay Creek in Wilmington DE, to be used at anytime. It must be used by May 1 and I cannot use it by then. For Sale - $35.
  2. Buddyjay

Men's Golf League in SE Penna.

Tri State Golf League has completed its inaugural season and it was a great success. Our league plays in the SE Penna., Delaware and New Jersey area. We have some openings in our league for the 2012 season. If you are interested, please PM me. We play from April to the end of August, every other...
  3. Buddyjay

League Openings in SE Penna.

Tri State Golf League has just completed its inaugural season and it was a great success. Our league plays in the SE Penna., Delaware and New Jersey area. We have some openings in our league for the 2012 season. If you are interested, please PM me. We play from April to the end of August, every...
  4. Buddyjay

Alignment Problems

I just discovered something that has hopefully changed my game dramatically. Lately, I have had inconsistency problems with all shots. They pull left, they go right, etc... I noticed (from a video) that my left foot is more forward than my right causing me to be aiming to the right. When I...
  5. Buddyjay

FS - Cleavland CG14 Wedge - Brand New

Clevleand Wedge - 54* with 12* bounce. Only used once at Practice Range. All original store/mfg stickers still on club. $65.00 includes shipping.
  6. Buddyjay

Starting a Golf League in Mid Atlantic Area

I am in the process of starting a Round Robin Match Play League in the Philadelphia/Delaware/New Jersey area. We currnetly have 8 definates. This league will be an individual match play league with handicaps. If we get enough members, we would have different flights. It hasn't been decided yet...
  7. Buddyjay

Heel hits? What causes this?

I have a tendency to push my arms out a little at impact. Consequently, I address the ball at the toe position. This usually results in a sweet spot hit. BUT... I noticed this while practicing with my 60*. I was adressing the ball at center and noticed my "heel hit". So, I addressed the ball...
  8. Buddyjay

Wedge help...please!

I'm a bit confused when it comes to picking a wedge for different conditions. I know the general rule of thumb is tight lies = low bounce. High grass, soft sand, plush fairways = higher bounce. BUT... what do you do when you play in different conditions? Sometimes I play a course with tight...
  9. Buddyjay

Graphite vs.Steel - same weight?

I have been using a set of Ping G-10 irons in graphite. I just bought a set of Maltby F2 Tricept irons in steel. When comparing the two sets, I didn't feel any difference in weight. I know that they make lightweight steel shafts but these are FST 115 gram weight shafts. Not really considered...
  10. Buddyjay

Regular or stiff flex?? Which one?

I am in the process of buying a set of Maltby forged irons. The choices for shafts are: FST 115 in A/R or S/X. Which one would you recommend? I have a driver SS of 96+ and hit my 7 irons 155 yards. I am 54 years old with an 8 HC. If they offered a R/S, I would go with that, but... Any...
  11. Buddyjay

Shaft Advice?

How can you tell what shaft might be better for you on a driver? i.e. - I have been using a Callaway FT-IQ driver and have good success with it. At the store, the other day, I tried a few different drivers and was getting about ten yards more with a Callaway Diablo driver. I purchased a used...
  12. Buddyjay

How to stay down on the ball...Help!

My girl frined just started playing last summer. She has a beautiful swing... a full parallel back swing with a great finish with everything facing the target. Her one problem is she is topping the ball (or whiffing) most of the time. If it's not a top she's thinning the ball. She obviously has...
  13. Buddyjay

Short Game Practice? Is there a proper method?

Unless I have to change somethng drastically, I have pretty much abandoned practicing (at the range) with Woods and irons. In the last 4- 6 months, I have focused my attention on practicing the short game. As we all know, there has been many discussions on how we should practice at the driving...
  14. Buddyjay

Help with GF swing

My girl friend has only been playing since last summer. She has a very nice swing, especially her follow through. But like most beginners, she has a habit of swaying back off the ball. She does come back to the original position but she also dips down at impact. She tops the ball a lot and...
Back