Recent content by burmbuster

1. burmbuster

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

Well, I received the hybrid finally. I played one round with it when it was needed. No any range time yet. I hit it approximately 4-5 time in our round. I won't give any final thoughts yet as i want to take it to the range for a bit butI can tell you the weight is different than my Mashie's as...
  2. burmbuster

Putter preference…?

Im still playing my old Ping Pal 2 smooth face blade putter. I have tried others through the years but always go back to it.
  3. burmbuster

Nick Dunlap wins the 2024 American Express, WITB

His first two tournaments as a pro and he is almost dead last. That just goes to show what a huge leap it is. I believe his highest finish is around 35th so far. Im pulling for him.
  4. burmbuster

Bag Boy Nitron Push Cart

My oldest son just purchased a first gen Nitron. I have a gen 3 coming. I will be adding the seat.:D
  5. burmbuster

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Yeah, I do not believe utility irons are what he is talking about although I will say the U85's do look spiffy, with exception of the top line.
  6. burmbuster

Does your course have online tee time booking?

In Alabama with the RTJ Trail we have on-line reservations but it’s not exactly smooth sailing but then again it’s run by the state I believe. I find it easier to call. Plus you have to reserve with a credit card on line and you don’t when you call. Had a friend get his card dinged for over $200...
  7. burmbuster

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

After taking my first lesson at age 55 after already playing for 40 yrs off and on, my PGA pro said for the average weekend golfer he would not suggest using any iron above a 6 iron. Most will have better consistency and more improvement utilizing a hybrid. According to him the 3-5 irons are the...
  8. burmbuster

I just ordered the 6 hybrid direct from Dunlop Sports and should be here in a few weeks. I’ll give an update after some range time with it. I want to ditch the 6i so I’m pretty pumped. The Mashie hybrids still hit excellent so we will see.
  9. burmbuster

What Are You Working On?

Chipping 20 yards or closer on off camber lies without chunking/digging.
  10. burmbuster

Lessons at 55 after playing for 40 yrs.

A little background on my playing history, I started playing at 15 and played almost weekly into my late twenties. Consistently shot low 80's and then life happens. Kids get older, baseball, dance recitals, etc. Started playing consistently again around 10 yrs ago. It has been a struggle. I...
  11. burmbuster

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

I did the same. Really like the consistency they give. Lighter shafts cause more dispersion for my swing.
  12. burmbuster

As someone who has a bag full of 11 year old Cleveland Mashie's (M2-M5) it may be time to upgrade to the new Halo XL's.
  13. burmbuster

Hybrids- Old vs. New

I had always enjoyed the Cleveland Mashie hybrids. So much so that when I started playing regularly again I quickly scoured the earth for the M2-M5's to go back into my bag. I like the draw bias, weight, and the shafts are excellent. My irons are Srixon ZX5 MKII's so my bag isn't completely in...
  14. burmbuster

Jake Hutt

Simple is always better. Digestible a must. Yet Im always amazed at the amount of conflicting advise on various youtube channels from so-called golf instructors.
Back