Recent content by Camjr

1. Camjr

The best shot of the round

Yesterday, 148yd par 3. Easy 8 iron into the wind. 3 feet.
  2. Camjr

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I had been playing matte yellow Callaway SuperHot's, but something never felt right about them. I was gifted a dozen Callaway Supersoft balls, so I played them over the past 2 rounds. I really like how that ball comes off the clubface and plays around the green.
  3. Camjr

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I was en route to the driving range at my local club, and instead made a spur-of-the-moment decision to make a quick turn and play the 9 hole executive course across the street from the 18 hole course. 8 par 3's and one par 4 on the course. I carried my bag for the first time in at least 30...
  4. Camjr

Do you still mow your lawn?

I turn 54 next week, my kids are grown and out of the house, and I still mow my own lawn. I realized that if I'm too busy to take an hour every week or two (depending on the growing season) to take care of my own lawn, I'm doing something wrong and need to evaluate other choices I've made...
  5. Camjr

Things that are gone from golf, what do you miss?

The satisfying "click" of a persimmon driver metal spikes 3 wheel golf cart death machines ball washers (My local courses have all removed them during the pandemic). nobody constantly pulling out a laser rangefinder
  6. Camjr

How often do you go to the range?

I go a couple times each week. The membership at my local muni only 2 miles from my house is only $32 per month and includes unlimited range balls. It basically pays for itself with 3 buckets of balls per month. I'll hit 3-4 large buckets over a few visits each week, and then I'll usually hit...
  7. Camjr

Can you remember the first club(s) you bought?

A set of cheap Spalding "Epic" blades 3-PW and laminated maple woods D,3W,5W.
  8. Camjr

2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I'm lucky in that I live quite close to Lewisville Lake just north of Dallas-Fort Worth. My rides always vary, but I will usually include the park roads along the southwest shore. Of course, cold north winds blowing across the lake are pretty brutal. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  9. Camjr

Even when it's cold and wet like it was yesterday when I got 20 miles in. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  10. Camjr

My other passion is cycling. I try to do at least 75 miles per week while still playing golf.
  11. Camjr

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I've got a Weber gas grill I'll use for quick things during the week, but I really like using my smoker cabinet or simply grilling over my fire pit in the back yard. Pic1 is bacon burnt ends on the smoker, Pic2 is a ham, ribs, and pork shoulders on the smoker, and Pic3 is prime strips and...
  12. Camjr

Best Italian Dish?

I can't say I have a favorite, but here are my go-to's: Chicken Cacciatori Cioppino Veal Saltimbocca Bolognese Frutti de Mare
  13. Camjr

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Callaway Superhot in Bold Yellow. I'm finally getting used to the sound and texture of these matte balls. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  14. Camjr

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Took a day off and played 18 with a retired friend. Cold, wind, rain. Still beat working. Riverchase GC, Coppell, TX. Scotland weather. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  15. Camjr

The best shot of the round

Last Saturday, I hit a 3 wood to an elevated green on a 205 yard par 3 into a quartering headwind. 15 feet pin high.
Back