Recent content by captaincaution

1. captaincaution

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I think I've said it before in every driver review thread I have posted in. It is so important to get the fundamentals (grip, ball position, alignment) right. More so for driver than any other club for me. Got out to the range to straighten some things out today and like I said focused on...
  2. captaincaution

2020(1) Summer Olympics

I mean, she's doing everything bigger and better than everyone else, and one foul up could lead to severe injury or death. Definitely have to be in it to excel.
  3. captaincaution

2020(1) Summer Olympics

I get that mental health is a big deal. But if I'm on a deadline, that's not a good time to take a mental health day.
  4. captaincaution

The Mizuno Experience Contest and Live Update Thread

Had to get in before the line moved!
  5. captaincaution

These three GIFs tipped the scales for me. Team VOSH all the way!
  6. captaincaution

2020(1) Summer Olympics

Most entertaining bet I have ever had was the US Men's curling to win the gold at 18:1. And we also had the Swedish ladies to win at +400.
  7. captaincaution

Charity/Friendly Golf Tournament Format

Our company outing usually had some fun holes thrown in there. We would do a par 3 as speed golf - scramble too. So everyone would tee off all at the same time, and then you'd run to the best shot and scramble from there as fast as possible. Then we would do a hole where you spun the...
  8. captaincaution

So you're basically looking at the whole course taken up by the group. With lots of non-golfers, a scramble is probably going to be easiest, but I would take care to set the teams with a golfer on each team. Since it's a workplace event, everyone should be open to playing with anyone. Can't get...
  9. captaincaution

And how big of an event are you talking here? Shut down the whole course for your group, or just a few 4 somes?
  10. captaincaution

I think you've got to get something down on Vosh and sprinkle some more as the line shifts. It is just terribly difficult to bet against the team with the best golfer, even in a team event.
  11. captaincaution

Are there any golfers in the group? My old company did an outing every summer, and we had a ton of non-golfers playing. We did a scramble, but teams were set up so that at least one member of our golf league was the captain of the team, helping the non-golfers get around. If you have groups of 4...
  12. captaincaution

Not my official pick yet, but there I see some value in the Vosh +180 line, but as the money comes in on team Crawford, will the line shift even higher?
  13. captaincaution

Review Motocaddy M7 Remote Electric Caddy - Forum Review Thread

I may have converted my wife... Course is closed Monday for maintenance, but we are allowed to walk after 1pm. My parents are still in town and offered to watch the kids so my wife threw out golf as an option for us. I told her sure, she could take my M7 and I would carry. She hasn't walked to...
  14. captaincaution

Joining a Private Club - What Would You (Should I) Ask?

Even if you don't know anyone at the club, the membership director can usually help get you in touch with members who would be able to sponsor your membership. Each club is different. Our club has one owner, and so it operates differently than the equity clubs in town. And that was actually a...
  15. captaincaution

Review Motocaddy M7 Remote Electric Caddy - Forum Review Thread

Wait until you see some of the slopes I'm dealing with!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in