charley48's latest activity

• charley48
    charley48 replied to the thread Leaving the driver at home.
    For a high handicapper the driver is actually my most consistent club. And I use a grip no instructor would approve of. But it works...
  • charley48
    charley48 replied to the thread Trying to Break 100.
    I find my body responds better to twice a week. Whether it be on the course or at the range. Once a week and I tend to feel it more.
  • charley48
    I might have to see the dr. soon. Been having stomach issues the past few months. Lets just say in the mornings I can't wander off too...
  • charley48
    Thanks for checking in. Reading posts from way back you can see if we're improving. Myself, the improvement is I rarely have any flat...
  • charley48
    I find an easier swing is definitely better. Its not necessarily a slower swing. Its a smoother, more relaxed swing. The hard part is...
  • charley48
    I'm pretty sure my problem is swinging too hard. It seems to work fine with the driver. I'm 65 and can still hit the occasional...
  • charley48
    charley48 replied to the thread When is golf not worth it?.
    Generally it would be the elements that make it too unpleasant. Playing in triple digit heat when its over 105 would make me wonder if...
  • charley48
    I haven't counted but I think about half the fairways have bunkers. A couple have 3 bunkers in the fairway. Number 18 is a short 340...
  • charley48
    Its a layup hole for me so there's no point in trying to hit a long drive to get closer. Choke down on the driver and hit a low punch...
  • charley48
    A few weeks ago I found that an easier swing really makes me consistent on the wedges. I was working at the range on a certain easy...
  • charley48
    I would say when everything is struggling try choking down and clubbing up one club. And swinging a little softer.
  • charley48
    Went on a camping trip the day after golfing. Got back yesterday. So I didn't quite discipline myself to stick with 7 iron the whole...
  • charley48
    Nah, I don't normally call it. Now if he tries ragging me that he beat me and I know he cheated, I'll probably mention it then. I...
  • charley48
    Well, I put it to the test yesterday afternoon. Went to the range and paid the hourly fee using the Top Tracer monitors. Chose Pebble...
  • charley48
    So this morning I thought I would do what I said I would do. Go out to the driving range and simulate a round of golf using nothing...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in