Recent content by ChetSteadman

1. ChetSteadman

WITB - ChetSteadman

I've been slacking on posting my WITB, so here goes: Driver: :wilsonstaff: Triton DVD 10.5* (-1) Aldila Rogue 125 Tour X **CF sole plate, 6g heel/toe, 2g back** 3W: :taylormade: M1 15* Fujikura Pro 70 Stiff 5W: :callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 18* Aldila Rogue 90 Stiff Utility...
  2. ChetSteadman

Super Speed Golf

Anybody seen or tried Super Speed Golf? It's a program that is supposed to increase clubhead speed by getting you to swing as absolutely hard as you can through various exercises. I'm normally really skeptical of these types of things, but I saw Billy Horschel doing it on twitter and it made me...
  3. ChetSteadman

What's your favorite shot?

What is your favorite shot in your bag? It doesn't have to be your most consistent, or your most automatic, but it's gotta be there sometimes. For me, it has to be hitting a high draw with the 3 metal. I hit my M1 pretty far, often farther than my regular playing partners drives. Blasting one...
  4. ChetSteadman

Play this hole (Scenario)

Picture this: you and a partner are locked in a tight alternate shot match on the 18th tee. You're 1 up, but your opponent is popping. A driver puts you in prime position to win, but can also bring trouble into play. A tee shot of 275 will leave you will 135 in. Anything much further than...
  5. ChetSteadman

Under Armour Strikeskin Tour Glove

While wandering through the glove section at Golf Galaxy today, I stopped to give these a look. I wasn't expecting much, but pulled one out of the package and tried it on. To say I'm impressed is pretty accurate. The leather is super soft and the fit is spot on (for me - which is highly...
  6. ChetSteadman

What makes you change/buy new clubs?

What is everyone's motivation for buying new clubs? Is it the pursuit of more distance, more control over the ball, better feel, just straight up club hoe-ing, etc? A mix of these? For me, I'm primarily motivated my two things in woods: 1) distance-if I can get 7+ legitimate yards from a...
  7. ChetSteadman

The Mental Side of Your Animal Spirit

The article linked below popped up in my Yahoo Finance feed the other day and I found it very, very interesting. Basically, it compares golfers to investors, and points out the similarities between the two. Golfers really hate bogies (and worse). Investors really hate losses. They both love...
  8. ChetSteadman

Car Detailing Thread

I have a Chemical Guys foam lance that I use with my pressure washer. It's great for knocking off most of the winter road salt and grime, but not much else. You can spend $80 on a lot more useful things for detailing - like microfiber towels, or Daytona wheel brushes, or any number of things. I...
  9. ChetSteadman

Who is currently gaming the oldest iron?

Currently gaming Ping Eye 2 + no +, and have off and on since 1993. My current set was manufactured in 1989. Anybody beat 25 years?
  10. ChetSteadman

Who's your caddy?

Scenario: your game comes into shape over the winter to the point that you can enter the local qualifier for the U.S. Am/Mid Am/Women's Am. Who do you choose to caddy for you, if anyone, and why? Try to keep it realistic ie if you aren't great friends with Steve Williams, don't pick him. For...
  11. ChetSteadman

What's your preshot routine?

Everyone talks about how the preshot routine is vital for performance, from both a mental and physical standpoint. So what is yours? Does it vary based on the shot being played (irons or woods, tee to green). How OCD are you about it? For me, I first test my takeaway to see if something will...
  12. ChetSteadman

The Mental Game

How do you get past that bad shot? Of course the simple answer is "just forget it" or "accept you can't change it", but it is rarely that easy. I often try to pep talk myself, and I try to keep the shot from lingering on into the next shot or hole, but some of them stick for a while -...
  13. ChetSteadman

Practicing with Mats

My home course doesn't have the biggest driving range in the world, and therefore restricts golfers to mats Monday-Thursday to allow the Bermuda some time to recover during the week. I have never been a huge fan of mats, but these are at least the decent kind with a little bit of grain. I...
  14. ChetSteadman

WITB Photo edition

Slowly adding/changing out clubs as I find something that outperforms (to me) what I currently have. Wedges will probably be next, but the Apex Pros are a really tempting me... Callaway 815 Alpha DBD 9* driver, up 1*, GC down, Aldila Rogue 60 stiff Circa 2006 Callaway X 3w, stock Fujikura stiff...
  15. ChetSteadman

What golf stuff did you buy today?

The bank account is lighter but the bag is happier. I'll spend some time at the range tomorrow dialing this beauty... Give 'em hell!
Back