Recent content by China Cat>Rider

1. China Cat>Rider

Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy

Old video that I just came across again but so funny and so true... <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r1CZTLk-Gk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"...
  2. China Cat>Rider

Dead Freaks Unite!

Don't know how many other Deadheads are on here...today would have been Captain Trip's 68th birthday. Still can't believe it was 15 years ago that I sat on the grass on soldier field waiting for the 2nd set to start...not realizing it would be the last one forever...RIP Jerry
  3. China Cat>Rider

How much do you pay for a round?

I'm curious what everyone pays for a round of golf on the average? Every time I read about recommended courses in the magazines they always seem to be well over $100...many of them are close to $200. I can't imagine paying that much for 1 round of golf. I know this is an expensive sport/hobby...
  4. China Cat>Rider

Driver Loft

I know a lot of people who think the lower the loft the farther you hit the ball. I chose a 13* loft when I recently got a new driver after much research and testing. I was using a 12* before. I am currently having major issues off the tee with slicing and other various issues so I doubt any...
  5. China Cat>Rider

Electronic Music

I'm probably alone on this one but anyone else into electronic music? House, techno, trance, drum and bass, minimal, chill, dub step...whatever you want to call it...
  6. China Cat>Rider

Just when you start thinking life doesn't suck that much...

So today was my last day at my job. I quit to take another job. I get...not a call...but a text from my new boss saying he was sorry but he could not hire me now. I was supposed to start in 2 days. So in a nutshell I'm basically unemployed. Then to top it off...I come home and my girlfriend...
  7. China Cat>Rider

Tour balls for the high-handicapper

I'm sure this has been brought up before so please move it to another thread if needed. But I was reading the article in golf digest about their hot picks for balls. I realize I should not seriously take anything the magazines say about equipment but one thing got me thinking. Someone was saying...
  8. China Cat>Rider

What shafts are in your hybrids?

Assuming you have steel shafts in your irons do you also play steel in your hybrids or graphite?
  9. China Cat>Rider

Wedges!

When buying an new iron set do most people also buy the sand wedge that matches with that set or buy a different brand? I'm getting Callaway FT irons and can add the ft sw for a good price but am also looking at Vokeys, etc. It seems like everyone on THP have different wedges than their irons...
  10. China Cat>Rider

No hip turn!

I was at the range today and an older gentleman who was teaching his grandkid how to swing walked over to me and asked if I wanted some advice. I said sure...he said I have a really nice swing (first time anyone ever said that) but that I am swinging with my arms. No hip turn. My lower body is...
  11. China Cat>Rider

Buying clubs on Ebay...how do you know they are the real deal?

I have been browsing ebay for irons and have come across some good deals. I'm mostly looking at Callaways which I know is the most cloned club with the cheap asian knockoffs. Is there any way to verify they are authentic before purchasing or is it a blind leap of faith?
  12. China Cat>Rider

What was your worst round ever?

Everyone likes to talk about their lowest score and best overall rounds. But what was your highest score ever and/or worst overall round? I think mine was 141. It was the first time I ever played golf. And it was on a difficult course. I had gone to the driving range many times but had no idea...
  13. China Cat>Rider

Putter Length

What is everyone's height and their putter length they currently use? I bought a new putter that is considerably shorter than the one I have used since I first started playing. I notice a lot of pros seem to bend over quite far...some even looking like they are at a 90 degree angle. I am...
  14. China Cat>Rider

Industry standard for club fitting

Is there one? I plan on getting fitted soon as I'm ready to purchase new irons. I was looking at several fitting charts online just to get an idea. Most seem to measure from the wrist to floor but one said to measure from the middle knuckle when making a fist to the floor. All of them gave me...
  15. China Cat>Rider

Best Distance Ball?

I usually play used balls since I have a rather large supply of them. But I think its about time I leave them for back yard practice and use new balls. I definitely will not benefit from the high dollar tour balls so what's a few of the best 2-piece balls out there right now? Is it possible to...
Back