Recent content by Chisag

1. Chisag

Graphite in wedges?

... One of the reasons good players swicth to graphite in their irons is joint pain relief and/or stoping joint pain before it happens. For us, wedges take the most turf pounding, especially with an aggressive pitching, chipping game and I would make the argument graphite is more important in...
  2. Chisag

Kevin Na - No Reason to Play Blades

... I completely agree with the bold sentences. I taught full time for 5 years and had 2 students in that time that should have played MB's. One was one of the purest ball strikers I have ever encountered and a real range rat that didn't like to play, just hit ball at the range. The other would...
  3. Chisag

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen Too?

... I started in Greenville at the college station WECU. Then WOOW, the Greenville radio station. WZOO in Ashboro, WCOG in Greensboro before moving out of state to WRFC in Athens Ga.
  4. Chisag

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen Too?

... Before starting my acting career, I was a DJ for 10 years making my way from a small town in NC all the way to Chicago. At that time "classic rock" was called Top 40 and I was lucky enough to be a part of the musical revolution when bands were experimenting with all kinds of musical...
  5. Chisag

Ever get to the course and decide... nope?

... Not for over crowded but I did pull up and just getting out of the car the door blew open and was difficult to close and my hat flew off my head. Had to chase it across the 18th fairway at a full speed run. Got back in the car and drove home.
  6. Chisag

Recommendations for Orlando area Feb 2020?

I just got back a few weeks ago so all these courses were in pretty good shape: Orange Lake Legends... This is one of my favorite Orlando courses. A fun and challenging lay out that is cheap with Golfnow/Teeoff.com There is an Osprey that sometimes fishes on 12 and 13 and it is a pretty awesome...
  7. Chisag

Your Hypothetical 2020 WITB - Whatcha Thinking?

I just bought some 2019 P790's and some Steelfiber 95s to install, a GAPR 21* to dial down to 20 and use from the fairway and as a driving iron. Cobra F9 3 wood isn't going anywhere. Probably replace my Vokeys with Milled Grind 2 but I have to hit them and may just stick with my Raw Vokeys for...
  8. Chisag

2019 Irons of the Year

... Wow, 3 pages and not a single vote for P790's?!?! I thought the original P790's were outstanding and the 2019 version is even better. For a mid to low index player they provide everything you want with everything you need. Great look at address (as well as in the bag for those concerned with...
  9. Chisag

Golf Shafts: Does price reflect quality and performance in your mind?

... Tricky subject because there are some Made For shafts that are less expensive and use cheaper materials or production, but much more often than not the Made For shaft uses the same materials and manufacturing to produce a more golfer friendly shaft. Titleist and Cobra did more than a few...
  10. Chisag

Bag Boy Revolver FX Golf Bag

... I have had quite a few of the Bag Boy Revolver bags and absolutely love the way they function. Playing forged irons, these bags keep the bag chatter to a minimum or completely non existent. The said, they tend to fall apart rather easily and the top holding mechanism stretches and no longer...
  11. Chisag

Would You Do Your Own Club Work?

... When I was on staff with Titleist in the 90's I got a set of irons with the spec sheet that was egregiously off ie: 7 and 8 iron had 1* of loft separation, so I started doing all my own work. Started with grips, then re-shafts, then a LL machine and a shaft puller. Very rewarding doing your...
  12. Chisag

When does Performance trump Looks?

... As long as we are talking looks at address, I can play a club that doesn't look good to my eye, if it really out performs all others. But I can't play a club that looks bad to my eye. Everything is fine playing well, but sooner or later I will hit a really bad shot and and start thinking...
  13. Chisag

Commercials that make you giggle or that are just cool

... LMAO the first time I saw this:
  14. Chisag

Favorite golf polo company?

... Budget Golf had a retail store in Joliet and sold Foot Joy logo over runs for $19 with their year end tent sale. I picked up about 20 of them and when they went out of business I started shopping for last years FJ's at the PGA SS and picked up another 15 or so for $29 and under. So FJ's are...
  15. Chisag

What was your first love (in putters?)

... Started playing with an 8802. Traded a TM 580 Tour driver for an $899 Bettinardi BB1. It was a Wow moment.
Back