Recent content by Chuffy

1. Chuffy

The Open // Royal Liverpool

I went on Thursday and looks like I got lucky with the weather.
  2. Chuffy

British or Open?

not knowing the proper name is one thing, but personally I think it shows a lack of respect to call it by an incorrect name when you know the proper name.
  3. Chuffy

Tour Event The 2023 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Edel Golf

That's how we feel about the masters in the UK. Coverage for a few hours a day. Utter nonsense!
  4. Chuffy

British or Open?

It was the first and therefore only Open Championship. hence the name. That's why the US Open had to add the US to differentiate from the existing Open. Likewise the British Masters added British to distinguish from The Masters, as that one was around first!
  5. Chuffy

R and A

The merchandise ran low in the evenings, but I was stunned by the restocking and the size of the merchandise tent. It was the size of a small supermarket and restocked nightly. A lot of the stuff was over priced mind, but then I guess that is to be expected.
  6. Chuffy

when did americans stop calling the open the british open?

It has always been The Open Championship as it was the first and didn't need a differentiator. The US Open came later hence the US to distinguish it from the original Open Championship. Likewise with The Masters, not needing a specifier, and in the UK there is The British Masters, to separate...
  7. Chuffy

How Do the Tour Pros Do It (the excruciatingly long rounds)?

Exactly. I was at the Old Course this weekend and on some holes, like 2 & 16 which share a green, the players on the 2nd had to wait for both the 2nd and 16th players to clear the green as you might pull it left onto the 16th (which some did). The players on the 16th weren't as effected as the...
  8. Chuffy

Tour Event 2022 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Tour Edge

Almost the opposite of what happened on the Saturday. Rory and Victor pushed each other. Rory only found one bunker all week and when he did he chipped in, possibly because Hovland was past him off the tee and a short chip / uphill putt to the flag. After Rory had chipped in for eagle, Hovland...
  9. Chuffy

Claret Jug or Green Jacket

I'm not sure how this is even a question. It's the Claret Jug all day long. The original and first Golf trophy (also the best physical trophy), organised by the R&A, the first golf club and 'owners' of the rules of golf. Often presented at the home of golf quickly and efficiently in front of...
  10. Chuffy

would you add a 5th major

I think 4 is the right number, but I'd replace the PGA Championship with an Australian open to spread it around like in tennis.
  11. Chuffy

I like watching Links golf better

Not all links courses are like the Old Course. By all accounts the Old Course isn't the best course in St Andrews (the New Course is supposed to be better), but it is the most historic. I have had the pleasure of playing the Old Course but not the New. It's a pilgrimage to the home of golf where...
  12. Chuffy

How will you watch The Open?

From the course on Friday and Saturday but probably not Sunday unfortunately.
  13. Chuffy

What’s it take to be a Major?

Apart from the PGA championship the majors are independent of the tours. The Open and US Open are run by the R&A and the USGA respectively. So I don't see how LIV could create their own. They may have their own premier event, but that wouldn't make it a major anymore than the FedEx final is. If...
  14. Chuffy

Was Azinger wrong?

It's not so much what he said as how he said it that caused a rucus. He was patronising in his tone, claiming that winning a 2bit event on the PGA tour was a step up in his career, when Fleetwood has won the race to Dubai and won European tour events with a far stronger field than was present at...
Back