Recent content by Cmontgomery

1. Cmontgomery

Are you longer or shorter than the typical player at your age/handicap? Graph Attached

I’m slightly longer when comparing my avg driving distance on arccos. Does anybody know if this is all shots off of the tee or just with driver? If all, wouldn’t this potentially be skewed based on where someone plays? For example, my driving distance is considerably less than average with...
  2. Cmontgomery

Nashville and Surrounding Area Thread

I’ve honestly only played it once, this past weekend. It’s not a Gaylord or Hermitage type property but a decent track. It’s out of my area in my Juliet or I’d play it more. Legacy in Springfield may be another option. I’m a big fan of that place. Just a fun course…
  3. Cmontgomery

Nashville and Surrounding Area Thread

Give Nashville National in Joelton a try.
  4. Cmontgomery

Shaft Trimming Question

Thank you. On the hunt for a pull or donor club haha.
  5. Cmontgomery

Shaft Trimming Question

So to tee this up, bonehead me has lost my 8 iron… I ended up getting a replacement from eBay but need to replace the shaft to match the rest of the set. My original is a T200 8 iron, 1/2” short with a KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft. KBS has discontinued this shaft. I have a KBS Tour 90 cut for a 6...
  6. Cmontgomery

Whoop Fitness Band

Nice. I just joined the team myself. I need another group that tells me I’m lazy… lol
  7. Cmontgomery

CONTEST Win Your Choice of Callaway Apex Irons

Apex Pro. Have never had Callaway in the bag. Would love to mix it up.
  8. Cmontgomery

If you had 30 cookies and a protein shake for dinner..

All allegedly of course…
  9. Cmontgomery

Most creative use of golf equipment you've seen.

My wedges are often used as a shovel…😞
  10. Cmontgomery

Can't "disconnect" arms

Biggest thing that helped me here was to sit into my left rear pocket instead of turning into the ball with my right shoulder. I personally had a lot of good by products with this, primarily letting my arms get back in front and not stuck. Seems like this was a result of the space it created.
  11. Cmontgomery

Woodworking / Furniture Building

I’m all for traditional joinery when the skills are there. If you’re not comfortable with mortise and tenons, I would probably just suggest reverting to dowels, screws and plugs. Some of your challenge here is with an end grain glue up as there’s not a tremendous amount of strength there...
  12. Cmontgomery

Indoor Rowing

Do you have the RowErg app? The WOD today is just as you described. I’ve got a ways to go for a sub 2 at that interval. By the time I was into interval 7-8, I was getting gassed. Mine were distance based at 250M, meaning I was going hard for right at 1 min before rest. it took me about 4...
  13. Cmontgomery

Indoor Rowing

Tonight was a grind. Really had to push myself to even get going. 12x250M with :45 rest between intervals. Had 3 intervals creep above 2:00 but maintained a sub 2 avg. I’m definitely gassed after this one…
  14. Cmontgomery

Indoor Rowing

You’ll get there. Do keep in mind that I do a lot of interval training so I go hard for a duration and will have light sessions between. So I may go sub 2 for a distance ( 750-1000m) or time and have 1-2 mins of a 2:25 pace to recover.
  15. Cmontgomery

Indoor Rowing

Well said, my fastest splits are generally no higher than 22spm and many times as low as 19spm and around 1:57/500. The speed comes from the drive through the lags at the catch. If I were able to maintain that drive while increasing s/m, my splits would definitely decrease but I also give up...
Back