Recent content by CorvetteGuy

1. CorvetteGuy

How consistent are your golf balls?

I have a crude system.. if I hit the ball of the tee and it goes the distance I felt it should go - it stays -- if it comes up short - it is thrown in the crap ball bucket.
  2. CorvetteGuy

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

a nice fleece vest -- left it in the basket/trunk behind the seats in a golf cart.. called the pro shop in less than a hour -- never found it.. one of the cart cleaning guys now has it I bet.
  3. CorvetteGuy

Does a Pie have to be a Circle?

I would say yes since this Area formula still applies. A=(πR² )(deg of Pie left÷360) = Amount of remaining Pie - So Yes it is still Pie.
  4. CorvetteGuy

The Car Shopping Thread

one of these please...
  5. CorvetteGuy

Pops - Do you take advantage?

On POP holes - if it is a tournament - I will tread lightly and shoot for bogie. a tap in bogie or a par is the usual outcome and I go to next Tee happy.
  6. CorvetteGuy

Do you know the loft and lie of your favorite putter?

if I had to guess it would be 1 deg of loft - just because the manufacturers have jacked the lofts on everything. :D :);)
  7. CorvetteGuy

Does a Pie have to be a Circle?

If a pie is a circle -- then how high can it be before it becomes cake?
  8. CorvetteGuy

Best Iron Finish?

Satin Chrome.. Satin to bring the glare down and Chrome for harness and wear properties.
  9. CorvetteGuy

Do you know the loft and lie of your favorite putter?

Yes I know at 3 and 70 but knowing this does not help much get the ball in the hole.
  10. CorvetteGuy

lead tape can be helpful !

No lead Tape but have been experimenting with swing weights in my Putter. So I built up what I call my General McAuliffe Putter from the Battle of the Bulge 1944 -- I use "NUTS" these are brass nuts in 5 gr weights so I can figure out which weights to buy and replace in my Ping 2.0...
  11. CorvetteGuy

Could you beat him straight up ? no strokes given

Not meant to be political so no political comments please. Just wondering from all the news about Donald Trumps golf capabilities and his 19 Club Championships. Do you think you could beat him in MAtch Play straight up? (if ,,,of course --- both you played by USGA rules - so no need to comment...
  12. CorvetteGuy

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

Retired at 59 due to company was sold and moved away. Had no plan - just thought about no work and have some fun. Had no debt, lots of $$ saved and a car habit. Kids were full grown and on their own, house and cars paid for. just a monthly golf habit expense. here it is 17 -18 years later...
  13. CorvetteGuy

CONTEST My Edel Putter Fitting

I could putt that ! (y) (y)
  14. CorvetteGuy

Driver fitting with unexpected results

Yes - this happened to me with a Titleist Driver TSR and my older TSi -- even with the same exact shaft -- My TSi is the better driver for me.
Back