Recent content by Crag Rat

1. Crag Rat

New Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV Golf Balls

Pre-sale starts Feb 15th in US and available 27th Feb in Europe although there’s a picture above of them in Edwin Watts [emoji848]
  2. Crag Rat

2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

Sounds like a great ball just got better and still at a brilliant price point, especially if Srixon offer the bundle discounts again. Can't wait to try them and read the feedback from the testers - thanks for the review Jman
  3. Crag Rat

How Do You Mark Your Golf Ball?

I hope you mean something like this JB [emoji106]
  4. Crag Rat

Which was your favourite TaylorMade driver?

I guess it depends on your ball striking - it's not got a huge sweetspot and if you don't hit it consistently you will lose maybe 10-15 yards on an off centre hit but it is pretty straight - i hit around 70% of fairways and hit around 250 yards (52 year old). I did find a massive difference...
  5. Crag Rat

Which was your favourite TaylorMade driver?

I've owned a few but I've had the same for 12 years now, Taylormade Tour Burner TP - superb shaft for me, Matrix Ozik stiff, very straight and each year I test it against the latest releases thanks to a very understanding Coach and the new drivers are generally no longer. I had a seriously long...
  6. Crag Rat

New Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV Golf Balls

Can you let us know when the embargo ends? Really looking forward to hearing all about these - always been my ball of choice
  7. Crag Rat

Best Golf Shoes for Extremely Wet Conditions?

I would have said the Ecco Biom 3 Goretex, extraordinarily comfy and totally waterproof but last couple of pairs I’ve had have worn out in 18 months and at £220 a pair I’m steering clear. Interested to see what others suggest, Speith 3 or 4?
  8. Crag Rat

Golf Ball Hoarder? Time to Fess Up!

Perhaps this can be my therapy cos I most definitely have an addiction! I just love to try the new releases, especially when I read good reviews or comments by forum members and added to that I do love a bargain so if I like a ball and they have an offer or close out I stock up and I'm running...
  9. Crag Rat

Colder weather ball change

The colder weather's already here in the UK and I'm just swapping my z-stars /lethals for my winter balls, Bridgestones e5/e6. Got me thinking, as the greens/fairways get softer do you swap to straighter/longer (or cheaper!) balls? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  10. Crag Rat

Worst mannered opponents ever?

So we're playing a pairs matchplay ins national competition. Been at the range to warm up and go to the tee but no sign of the opponents. We give them a ring and find they thought tee off was 12.10 not 9.42 (it's 12th Oct in UK, do 12.10??). Anyway they are actually at the course so we low...
  11. Crag Rat

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played Royal Lytham & St. Anne's. after 7 bunker shots in 3 holes managed to avoid most of the 207 bunkers to shoot a 93, good comeback for me after being 8 over after 3. What a wonderful golf course and great company!
  12. Crag Rat

THP Tin Cup Ball Marker (2013)

Look what turned up today!! Thanks Ryan and sorry for all your hassle
  13. Crag Rat

Pro's second shot off the tee

Does anyone know what the Pro's do when they have to hit a second or third ball of the tee? I assume they use the same make of ball but mark the ball differently? However the caddies just seem to throw them another ball. Just seen Stephen Gallagher hit 2 miles right, roughly to the same spot...
  14. Crag Rat

Nike to be market leader in 3 years?

Hi all. I was in Direct Golf on Cambridge UK ( really great place by the way, good practice facilities and great range of clubs) and the Pro's there think that Nike will be the leading OEM in 3 years? I don't see it but my mate bought a method putter as I was arguing for TM, Callaway...
  15. Crag Rat

Mizuno Golf Balls

New Mizuno Ball New Mizuno Ball Not sure if the picture worked so second attempt.
Back