Recent content by Craigb

1. Craigb

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Had the zx 7- 5 combo for a couple of months now, they are really really good. When you catch one out of the middle, you ask yourself, was that me ? Kudos to Srixon, coming from mizuno, these feel great, look great and I couldn't be happier.
  2. Craigb

What did you shoot today?

90, for me today, ZX5, ZX7 has me so excited. Hitting great iron shots, now, if only the putter would cooperate.
  3. Craigb

Got a blended set 5- 7 Zx5 8-pw Zx7, fitted for DG R300. I struggled at first, and surprisingly i hit the Zx7's better than the 5's. I dont think you can underestimate the forgiveness that the 7's offer. A month later, and i am hitting irons shots that i remember from 15 years ago. From what...
  4. Craigb

Decided to get zx5 5-7 iron, 8-pw zx7. I need help choosing shafts, modus 105R 105S, or 120 s. Last time i was fitted they put me into modus 105R I just worry about the 105's because my most accurate club is a 54 degree RTX wedge, with a DG S400 in it.!! No opportunity to hit different shafts...
  5. Craigb

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

Made 42 stableford points today, ZX5 are the real deal, so easy to launch.
  6. Craigb

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

Michael Newton Mr sort of. Count how many times he says that.. Does my head in. My zx5,s are 10 rounds old, wonderful feel, good distance and top stopping power. Very underrated and your mates are going to hate you. Coming from 30 years of Mizuno irons, it was a leap of faith. What a leap it's...
  7. Craigb

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

1ST round since end of march due to virus restrictions. Started like a dog, but got better as i got into the round. Took my new TS2 and scotty squareback out for their first game. Both were brilliant especialy the Scotty, i love it. Firm, yes, but in a good way. Cant wait till Tuesday to get...
  8. Craigb

Cutting down a shaft and effect swing weight.

Thanks guys, this forum rocks. Will get more involved here , this is fun. In a serious lock down here so reading about golf is the next best to playing. Oh yeah and buying, hence the worry about shaft length. Pulled the trigger on the TS2 and a scotty for the equivilant of $450. A bargain i...
  9. Craigb

Cutting down a shaft and effect swing weight.

I have purchased a TS2 driver standard shaft 45.5 inches. I would like to know if i cut it down to 44 inches, does the reduced swing weight make that much difference. Do you really need to buy extra weights for the head, get a lighter grip etc. If the swing weight is D2 for example, then it...
  10. Craigb

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Thanks for the reply.
  11. Craigb

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Rolled the #9 and really liked the feel. My concern is that i had a #9 milled collection and the steel mesh on the face came away. I really want to the the plunge on this putter, i just need to know if odyssey have fixed the issue.
Back