Recent content by cyoung2ty

1. cyoung2ty

The best shot of the round

I've been playing at this course since April. I've probably played 30 rounds there since joining. The 7th hole is a short par 5... listed at 500 yards on the card, but it's a dogleg right and you can cut the corner with a good shot. Yesterday, I finally hit a good enough drive to where I had...
  2. cyoung2ty

What's more demoralizing as a golfer?

Oh man! That's a good one too. Well... not good, but... good for the purposes of this conversation. "I'll just hit my 4 iron to avoid the trouble on the left side." :mad:
  3. cyoung2ty

What's more demoralizing as a golfer?

On Saturday, I practically ran the gamut of demoralizing shots. Each bothered me, but... one bothered me more than the others. 1. On my 4th hole... I hit my approach just shy of the green in the fairway. I had maybe 40 feet between my ball and the hole... and maybe 20 feet of fairway before...
  4. cyoung2ty

Would You Rather...

I'm gonna go with making two more putts. On Saturday, I missed six putts from 9' and in, including a birdie from 3'9" that would have paid a skin worth $190+ that I'm still upset about three days later.
  5. cyoung2ty

What course that no longer exists do you wish you could play one more time?

I've got a golf pencil display shelf on the wall in my office. Today, I closed the door to the closet and a few of the pencils were dislodged by the vibrations and fell to the floor. One of them was to a course I only got to play 4 times before it closed down and I wish, now that my game is...
  6. cyoung2ty

New Club Technology - Does It Matter?

I guess this is stemming from a recent lull in my game. I've been unusually awful over the last few months and I'm starting to get to the point where I'm frustrated and annoyed. For the majority of last year, I was playing pretty well (for me). I had some struggles at points, but... for the...
  7. cyoung2ty

King of the three-putt is looking to abandon his throne...

So... Saturday was the first 18 hole round I've played since August 12th where I did NOT have at least one three-putt or worse. There were 49 rounds between 8/12/2017 and my round on Saturday. In each of them... I managed a three-putt. I've worked on my starting line control a lot recently...
  8. cyoung2ty

Do You Feel Guilty?

For some background... I just turned 39 a week ago, but I've been playing golf since I was 13 years old. For most of that time, if I got in a few rounds per year... I was happy. In late 2013, I moved from New Jersey to South Carolina for work. This obviously meant more golf for me since the...
  9. cyoung2ty

2017 Season is Done - Comparison to 2016 Season

Note - I'm posting this as much to be able to look back on as I am for anything else. If you've got stat comparisons you'd like to share as well... I'd love to see them. I enjoy keeping my stats almost as much as I enjoy playing the game. I come home and immediately plug my scorecard into a...
  10. cyoung2ty

Wacky Formats - Fun or Infuriating?

I played in a one-day two-man tournament earlier today. The format was a little odd... but kinda fun. The first 6 holes were played as a straight best ball, including handicaps. Pretty straightforward and simple enough. The next 6 holes were played as a modified alternate shot, again...
  11. cyoung2ty

So close to reaching a goal... but just not getting there!

Today was one of those types of rounds where certain things were clicking, some things were just a tiny bit off and other things just weren't there for me. My goal for this year has been to finally crack 80. I've hit 81 a few times over the last 18 months but I just can't seem to break the...
  12. cyoung2ty

First Ever Lesson on Friday... What Should I Expect?

So, after years of avoiding lessons because I felt like I didn't play enough to have them 'stick'... I've finally decided to go for a lesson. Now, there is a caveat to that in the fact that it's strictly a short game lesson. My swing, while it's not good, is at a point where I'm consistent...
  13. cyoung2ty

I love (yet hate) match play...

So, my club is holding their yearly match play championship this weekend. It's supposed to be 16 golfers playing off the back tees in the 'championship' bracket... and 16 golfers playing off the middle tees in the 'net' bracket. If you advance to the championship match, it would be 2 matches...
  14. cyoung2ty

Tell Me About Your Member-Guest Tournament Experiences

I joined a local club back in September. Our Member-Guest is coming up in just under 3 weeks. I signed my buddy and I up for it last Wednesday and I was talking to some of the guys at the club about it on Friday. I used to be a caddie at a country club growing up and I remember the...
  15. cyoung2ty

Rules Question - Repairing Pitch Marks

Hey all... Quick question that I can't seem to locate a definitive answer to. On Saturday, I hit a chip to about 5 feet. Between my ball and the hole was a ball mark that had previously been repaired, but not well. I informed one of my playing competitors that there was a ball mark and I...
Back