Recent content by D.farrer

1. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

Hitting the simulator tomorrow at Noon with a 63yr old golf buddy as the course is closed. Going to work on finishing my swing. For some reason I am not getting all they way through. (MENTAL) After that we will play a random course. My golf buddy is struggling mentally and hitting balls off...
  2. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

I deal with multiple issues but wont let them stop me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Cyst on left wrist, back tightness, knee pain etc.
  3. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

I am hitting a tight draw but working on a fade as well for a couple of holes at my home course.
  4. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

I am down to a 13 with the ability to play much better. I hit 60% of fairways but only 21% of greens. Mostly short of greens and I am working on that as well. Short game is my downfall for now. I am still in good shape and am able to still turn well.
  5. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

Swing speed mid 90's with driver. I hit 3w 230, 5w 210 and 7w 190. I hit them more consistent than my long irons. This is my 7w before I adjusted it for more loft.
  6. D.farrer

The 60 and over Thread

I turn 60 in May and all play in a group with 50 to 60+ age golfers. I have struggled with long irons so I went to woods as I did not hit hybrids well. Titleist TS4 8deg Titleist 917 3 wood set at 14.25 Titleist 917 5 wood at 18 Titleist 917 7 wood at 22 Titleist 716 AP2 Irons 5 - PW Vokey SM-9...
  7. D.farrer

Do you fairway wood?

I carry a 3 wood and 7 wood. I will hit them off the tee to set up the second shot as I prefer a full swing into greens and not try to judge a 1/2 shot etc. I will also hit them off the fairway or the rough depending on yardage. I love those 2 Titleist 917 F2 woods.
  8. D.farrer

Beverage cart questions

I prefer a Bloody Mary early and then go to whiskey at 11am.
  9. D.farrer

UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X TSPX Woods

I am always looking for a low spin low flight fairway wood shaft. Keep us posted.
  10. D.farrer

The Pizza Thread- toppings, places, crust.

Pizza King in Longview Tx is great. Thin crust pepperoni, meat lovers, Hawaiian with jalapenos to spice it up.
  11. D.farrer

WTB ISO Driver

Have you purchased a driver yet? If not I have a Titleist 917 9deg with stiff shaft. Can send pictures later today.
  12. D.farrer

Are you guys using a 7 wood?

I carry a 7 wood and love it. I hit hooks with hybrids and can hit the 7 wood fairly straight. I use it for shots in the 210yd range.
  13. D.farrer

The Yellow Ball

I play the AVX in yellow when I can find them.
Back