Recent content by d_in_la

1. D

Eggnog

I love a good egg nog, and abhor a bad one. Often they are way too cloying, or way too thin, or in the worst of all worlds, both too sweet and too thin. Let's not forget the oddly spiced. Yuck. There's a old SoCal producer, Brougiere's that is one of my gold standards. Mix it with some Jameson...
  2. D

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I decided to join with my coworker the department cookie contest. Why is this in the BBQ thread? Because we used Alton Brown's chocolate chip cookie recipe except with half semi-sweet, half dark chocolate.... Made on the smoker with applewood pellets. Phenomenal! We made some cookies with some...
  3. D

What is the Best M&M?

Original Peanut rules, but I'm also a sucker for peppermint and mint chocolates.
  4. D

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I found a killer deal on a Pit Boss vertical smoker, but my apartment doesn't allow any grills or smokers in balconies and I'm a few months away from investing in a house. I bought it anyways. [emoji848] Storing a friend's place. [emoji1474]
  5. D

Could you do single length irons exclusively for one season?

I'm going to jump in, get fit, and give F9 One Lengths a shot! I'm thinking 4h, 5i-PW. Not sure if I'll go OL on my GW and SW. Will see how the fitting goes...
  6. D

Contest: PING G410 FW Wood

I could use a Ping G410 fairway wood to help me start to rebuild my bag after a few years away from the game and THP!
  7. D

Amazon Music HD

Technically, there is a big difference between HD/Ultra HD and regular mp3 compression... but you may not be able to hear the difference. Or you may only be able to hear it in certain conditions with a good quality stereo + speakers or headset. I would think that crappy electronics in your...
  8. D

New Clubs...When would you buy/upgrade?

I couldn't agree with this more. ^^ I'm returning to the game and my clubs are also over 10 years old although they aren't in bad shape, I'd rather take the $ spent on replacing grips and what not and get fitted with newer tech. Good luck one way or the other!
  9. D

Best Way to Cook Hot Dogs

1) Cross-cut on a hot grill so you end up with lots of crunchy edges 1a) Cross-cut on the smoker 2) Hot Dog Burnt Ends. I tried this on my baby akorn jr kamado smoker, HOLY ... so good. I still suggest you should cross-cut them. The sauce just clings into the crevasses. Yeah. All of you...
  10. D

I definitely would like to try those. Hopefully help truly isolate my weaknesses. Lol. I'd forgotten how much a little golf on the brain helps ya get through the day. [emoji3]
  11. D

This is exactly the thread I was looking for. I have been away from the game for a while and am intrigued about maximizing what practice time I have, which, in theory, is what a OL set would allow. In my head, less time between lengths means more time on short game and long game. (And putting!)...
  12. D

Broken shafts in new cobra irons

This is a tough one. It seems that the best customer service here would for Cobra to redo the entire set. I think someone in the thread mentioned that earlier, and also that Cobra and other OEMs don't refund custom clubs. Heck many retailers have pretty tough lines on custom clubs as well...
  13. D

Question: Why are Dark Irons Desired?

I prefer satin, and I love the look of dark chrome, but really when it comes down to it, what I really dislike is finishes that don't wear well over time. It seems like the issues with black finish wearing quickly seems to have lessened, if not disappeared since I was last following closely...
  14. D

Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Great thread. I really dig the look of tech-y irons, so the T300 and T200 really catch my eye. I didn't see these this weekend, but I'll be on the hunt.
  15. D

TaylorMade Big Foot Hi-Toe Wedges

I saw these today but didn't get a chance to hit them. I like a little irreverence in my golf, so the name doesn't bother me not to mention they are a good looking club. I am curious to hear more about they work over multiple rounds with respect to previous wedges.
Back