Recent content by DANNY.P

1. DANNY.P

Hitting a Driver with a high launch angle

How many believe that with todays technology, the higher your launch angle the farther your carry and total yardage will be?
  2. DANNY.P

your favorite low cost golfball

What is your favorite low cost ball? For me the soft noodle line .86 per ball.
  3. DANNY.P

Loomis Shafts

Has anyone ever hit the Loomis shaft. Its an option for the TP in the TaylorMade Line.
  4. DANNY.P

RocketBallz 6-iron

The Demo cart came in today at work. All the flat belly's at work started hitting the RocketBallz 6-iron. ALMOST TWO CLUB FARTHER for most. One kid hit it 250 total, with a carry of 243. He set up for a big old draw and nailed it. Since I'm not a flat belly, I took the 6-iron over to my trusty...
  5. DANNY.P

While working in the Golf shop today...

Today at work I noticed a very weathered looking Sr walking through the front door who look kind of familiar. I could not put my finger on who he was. I asked if he wanted any help. He said he was looking for a rain suit. He had to go out and look at a golf course. Well in NW Ohio today it was...
  6. DANNY.P

If you owned a Golf Corse what would you change?

Maybe you win the lotto and you buy a corse. Now you can have your say on how a corse is run. What would you change?
  7. DANNY.P

Great day to be in the golf Biz

The Champion tour is in town at Inverness. I work part time at golf Galaxy. While at work yesterday Mark Brooks came in to get two shafts pulled out of his drivers. Mark is 35th on the money list. The PGA players club repair truck had broken down some were on the way to Toledo. We pulled the...
  8. DANNY.P

Yonex Hybrid 5 iron from THP

Bullfrog and I played today and the frog was chosen to demo the Yonex 5 Hybrid. The club felt solid at contact, however I felt it to be toe heavy . Same as many of the Hybrids that are out there. I hit it on a 173 yard par three and hit the green. Ball flight was good. With a soft ball it hit...
  9. DANNY.P

What's your favorite Golf Book

For instruction I would choose Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf By Ben Hogan For Fun Cinderella Story My Life in Golf By Bill Murray
  10. DANNY.P

Hello THP

Back in the 70's after graduation from college I went to work in the retail end of the Golf industry. I opened a discount golf franchise in NW Ohio. Had a few good years and a lot of fun fitting folks for golf equipment. The 80's were tuff on small retailers like my self. Had to close the...
Back