Recent content by dAS0

1. dAS0

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

Local short muni: Walked in 1:45
  2. dAS0

Would this stop you from playing?

I have rain gear. If this is during a golf trip that I traveled hours to, I am playing. Embrace the slop. If it is a regular weekend round, I'd skip. It's the wind/rain combo that sucks. Rain that goes straight down is usually ok to play in.
  3. dAS0

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

My matches. I need a win :p As far as a physical object, I lost a black hat that was Masters themed. Nothing from the Major, but one I liked. Oh, well.
  4. dAS0

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #18

Fantastic looking finishing hole. I can see myself being easily blocked out by a tree or hitting from tall grass, leaving me short of the green in 2. I'd be scrambling as best I can but would probably walk away with a bogie.
  5. dAS0

"Would you like to use the scorecard feature?"

All systems that I have seen are not easier than writing down or using my phone. A bunch of ads pop up and the touch screens can be buggy, too. It would be nice if they offered different ways to track games like wolf, match play or skins.
  6. dAS0

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Went to the range, but they closed it to mow. Spent a lot of time at the chipping green instead - very much needed!
  7. dAS0

Post A Golf Photo

I am proud of this photo I took of my friend who I played The Ocean Course with last weekend.
  8. dAS0

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I started talking to a financial advisor this year to plan out what my retirement path could be. As much as I'd like to retire early, I wanted to have someone smarter than me look at the numbers. It was helpful getting all the numbers in a row to see how my current set up would work out...
  9. dAS0

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #17

Putting woes would put bogie in play for me. Par would be great, but bogie most likely. Pin placement would be a big factor, but as long as I am over the front bunkers, I would be happy.
  10. dAS0

Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

Short game area that is large enough so multiple people can use it at the same time (Why do people putt on the short game green?) Bunkers in the practice area that are the same condition as the course Yardages to the flags on the range. (Not a huge deal when you are hitting range balls)
  11. dAS0

2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

The outdoor fitting sounds great and I hope to get one when I am looking to get new wedges. Being fit into high bounce when your swing is shallow is interesting, but that would be the benefit of the outdoor fitting. Can't wait to hear how they perform!
  12. dAS0

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

A break to unwind after a week of golf is nice, so I'd say a week straight. I can play longer when with friends or in a competition since they help me stay mentally in the round.
  13. dAS0

Did I begin to break through today??

Nice work! A slice can be a killer, but seeing improvement and results after hard work is a fantastic reward! well done!
  14. dAS0

At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

I have played in in sub 30 degree weather when the wind held the frost at bay. Frigid but ok with the right layers. Cold, wind, and rain; if there are 2 then I will play. Add all 3 in at the same time and I may stay home...maybe.
  15. dAS0

Shot my best round ever this morning.

Congratulations!
Back