Recent content by Den60

1. Den60

Old School Putting Style

Over the past year I have really struggled with my putting, especially the ones you expect to make. While watching golf on TV occasionally they would show old videos Arnie and Jack putting. They had a narrow stance, open and pretty much hunched over the ball. I decided to give that a try (not...
  2. Den60

My Dad's Old Clubs

My Dad passed away nearly two years ago and yesterday my Mom yesterday asked me what to do with his clubs. He has a set of persimmon woods made by First Flight (1, 2, 3 & 4). He would have purchased them in the late 50s or early 60s. I recall that my Mom once had those woods refinished as a...
  3. Den60

What would you do?

Haven't been on here a lot of late but just a question? Yesterday I had a terrible pull draw right off the first tee (I normally have a slight fade with my driver). The ball went out of bounds and took out a second story window of a home. The home had a net in front and it had to be the most...
  4. Den60

Funny Family Stories

I shared a story in the "Spicy Food" thread and though a thread sharing some family stories would be great. I have a few but will start with one (though it is actually two). My maternal grandmother didn't approve of my Mom dating my Dad. My Dad had dual American/Canadian citizenship and came to...
  5. Den60

Musicians, I have to share

I had a text from a band buddy of mine today telling me to come up and play (it is our non-standard practice night). I showed up and was told that a local legend, Jerry Raney was going to sit in with us. He was one of the founding members or a band called The Beat Farmers who has some moderate...
  6. Den60

Worst Song Video Ever:

Don't know if there has ever been a thread like this but here is my submission:
  7. Den60

Do you believe in the Golf Gods?

If so what do YOU do to appease them? Me, I fix more than just my ball mark and put sand in the numerous divots I take. Not sure that is doing enough, though. Perhaps I need to sacrifice a chicken or something?
  8. Den60

Changing Putters

I just bought the TaylorMade Spider Limited putter. This gives me three different putters to work with. One is more of a blade style, one is a mid mallet, and the new guy is a mallet. I putted with it a immediately liked the balance and feel. Also like the SuperStroke Mid 2.0 grip better than my...
  9. Den60

Fat Iron Shots

Freddie, I apologize for not having a video to post but I have just a basic question. My last few rounds I have been hitting more than the usual number of fat iron shots. Mentally, I haven't quite been sharp on the course during that time. Today when warming up I realized I wasn't getting much...
  10. Den60

You get selected to the Granddaddy and when the zoo crew sees your swing they...

...tell me "Have you considered TaylorMade?" What about you?
  11. Den60

If you could carry 15 clubs...

What would you add? For me I would put my 19* hybrid back in the bag.
  12. Den60

What gets you into trouble?

And I'm not talking about too much alcohol. In your swing what would you think is the number one reason things go bad. For me it is taking the club back too quickly. Sometimes I catch myself doing this early and some days I just don't have that awareness. I can do the same on putting as well.
  13. Den60

Will anyone beat Nicklaus' Major Record.

Tiger had a chance but I don't think he will win another major. Will anyone ever achieve and sustain the type of dominance to win 19 majors? I say "no."
  14. Den60

If you could play one course, one time all expenses paid what would it be?

And no, this isn't a thread to get me into contest #9. Really it isn't. I'm going with Royal Melbourne.
  15. Den60

Mental Toughness on the Tour

When I think of Nicklaus and Tiger I don't just think of the talent they had. To me, the success of both of them had as much to do with their mental toughness as to their talent. So which golfers do you identify as just being more mentally tough than other players? I am going to go with Jason...
Back