Recent content by DG_1234

1. DG_1234

Joel Dahmen's bucket hat ?

I am not much interested in "what the pros wear", I just like to find and collect hats. For golf I like to wear bucket style hats and for the past couple have years have been wearing Ping-Boonies, which I like for their relatively firm brim and overall lightweight. I don't especially like the...
  2. DG_1234

Thank you sir:) Using the link you provided I learned the name and brand of the hat is the Imperial-Hampton. I placed an order and am looking forward to receiving this hat !
  3. DG_1234

Does anybody here know the brand/model of the bucket style hat Joel Dahmen was wearing today during the final round of the Los Angeles tournament ? The brim looked to be relatively stiff (not floppy) and the size of the brim seemed just right. I would like to buy one of those hats.
  4. DG_1234

Lob vs sand wedge

The reason is that one green side swing works for several different chipping clubs, from 5-iron to PW or GW. And one can slightly mishit the lower lofted clubs but still get the ball next to the hole. In contrast, high lofted wedges require a consistently precise-square strike (which is hard to...
  5. DG_1234

Wedge gaps

Buy the G700 54* SW.
  6. DG_1234

Cell Phones On The Course: Does It Bug You

Yes, except for emergency use, cell phones do not belong on the golf course. Like playing music, wearing jeans or tank tops, using cell phones on the course is disrespectful to the game.
  7. DG_1234

Lob vs sand wedge

Sorry, but I've read this type story often and it does not make sense to me. How can a 25 handicap "do very well" with a 60* (or any other short game club) if he is shooting 100 ? If someone is "doing well" with a chipping/pitching club that means they are consistently getting the ball near...
  8. DG_1234

Lob vs sand wedge

Excellent post, especially the part about reliability of the 9 o'clock pitch shot with a PW or 9-iron. It's much, much easier to get the ball consistently near the hole doing that than it is by swinging a more lofted club. Regarding the L wedge, I agree with your commentary that (as you have a...
  9. DG_1234

Lost ball out of bounds rule

I never said "hackers frustrate me". I wrote that golf, like any other pursuit one wants be become proficient doing, takes some learning and practicing. That means all facets of the game, including swing technique , club selection, lines of play, understanding the Rules , etiquette etc... All...
  10. DG_1234

Have You Ever Played Back To Back Par 3s On A Course

The 16th and 17th holes at Lincoln Park Golf Course , San Francisco are back-to-back 225 yard par 3 holes.
  11. DG_1234

Which is better player?

I've never heard of any player shooting 37-57.
  12. DG_1234

Lob vs sand wedge

For high handicappers (or any skill level, really) I think the most sensible yardage for a 58* to 64* lob wedge is from about 35 to 80 yards from the hole. Next to the green it's usually easier to achieve consistent distance control (especially for a high handicapper), swinging a 7, 8, 9 iron or...
  13. DG_1234

I don't know Rick Robbins, but (in the shot scenario his quote described) it's obvious that the player is better off missing left (taking hazard relief 200 yards closer to the hole). That is exactly why a player should be aware of where to leave a missed shot. Tour players instinctively look at...
  14. DG_1234

Sarazen, like Palmer who followed him, was a nice smiling guy who got lots of mileage out of telling people what they want to hear.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in