Recent content by DonJuan

1. D

Tour Event 2020 Masters Contest and Thread

Happy for DJ. One of the few guys I root for on the Tour. His resume is in the all-time great stratosphere.
  2. D

Could You Go Side Saddle?

Nah. Hopefully, I never get that desperate.
  3. D

Flagsticks - Lets go back to normal already!

Not really an issue for me either.
  4. D

Honest Opinion of Your Golf Game/New Outlook

I pretty much suck with all clubs that aren't wedges or a putter. My main issue is inconsistency. I can play a front 9 and shoot in the low 40s, then shoot 60 on the back 9. Most of my issues stem from having too many swing thoughts and philosophies in my head. Plus, I'm always tinkering. I have...
  5. D

Is Armlock Really Any Different vs Anchoring

I don't see them as the same. In anchoring, it seems to take out a lot of variability because you have an anchored point that allows for a sort of pendulum effect. I think that goes against the spirit of the rules.
  6. D

First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Question: Is there a way to know how much of the spin is generated by technique, design, and shaft? For instance, is it 50% design characteristics (CG, grooves, etc)? How much does shaft matter? I have always played stock shafts in my wedges (currently still gaming Cleveland RTX-3 CBs)
  7. D

What’s Your 150 Club?

My swing is so lost right now 150 yards could be anywhere from a 9i-7i,ndepending on what technique/swing I have that day. Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
  8. D

Player you want to win their first Major the most?

Yeah, I didn't pay him much attention until his issues. I was heartbroken for the guy. Love the way he bounced back.
  9. D

how many golfers are "sneaking" onto open (no fences) courses while they are closed?

Since I'm not a member anywhere, I'd consider that stealing. Not my thing.
  10. D

Player you want to win their first Major the most?

I think most of the guys I like already have at least one. It'd probably be Ricky, Na, or Bryson.
  11. D

What is your next club to be replaced?

Driver. I'm using an M1 2017. I'm never comfortable at set up with it. I have no idea what square is.
  12. D

Most Underrated Golfer Ever?

Not the most underrated, but in a lot of ways Tiger is underrated. He made winning look so easy that his accomplishments are underrated as it pertains to majors. We expect players to pick up where he left off. I have debates in her with folks that thought Rory was sure to eclipse Tiger, then it...
  13. D

How do you approach partial shots (touch shots under 100yds)

It depends. I generally use 3 clubs from 100 yards in - 50, 54, 58, depending on the situation. Most of the time my SW does the heavy lifting. I often use club positions - club parallel, left arm parallel, etc. Everything I do from there is based on that (e.g. flop, runner, etc). I'm pretty good...
  14. D

Hostess Iced Lattes

They have my attention, but it looks like it will be way too sweet.
  15. D

How bad does it get? (Covid-19)

I think cooler heads will prevail once the initial panic calms down. Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Back