Recent content by dpgator33

1. dpgator33

Weather in your area.

One month into prime golf season on the Oregon coast. 90% of days in the 60s/70s, mostly rain-free, cool ocean breeze, coast range mountain view . Come sometime in October that will obviously change, but still makes it worth living here if your home/work life allows for it, especially if you...
  2. dpgator33

Predict Your Round: What will you shoot today?

92. Playing from longer tees than I would normally due to tournament format. Avoiding the bunkers is a focus today. Killed my score yesterday due to not being a great bunker player and having some bad luck lies. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. dpgator33

Scratching/gouging a graphite shaft when regripping

Yeah, it was a hook blade so it couldn’t have gone too deep I would think. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to play nine (weather permitting) this afternoon and see how it goes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. dpgator33

Scratching/gouging a graphite shaft when regripping

A few years ago I had a nearly new Cobra F7 driver that I went to regrip. I had a brain fart when taking off the existing grip and scratched the shaft a bit with a razor blade. I was mostly just pissed at myself and just stopped right there after reading that doing that can damage or weaken the...
  5. dpgator33

Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

45 - Moderna for me 1st shot, nothing really. A little soreness at the injection site I was honestly a little terrified of the second one, based on my history with cold/flu. My wife and inevitability get each other sick every couple/few years. Last time it was her first with the flu. She got...
  6. dpgator33

Sell me on your home course

I kinda lucked out in that the house we happened to pick out is in a neighborhood next to the course. It’s also the only 18 hole course for a good hour. It’s also a great course. People I’ve talked to say it used to be kind of plain and not well kept, but they tore down a bunch of trees maybe 10...
  7. dpgator33

The Publix Sub Thread

Publix and my family go pretty far back. My grandfather was a baker at one in Miami in the 80s, long after his “career” was over and he was in his 70s. Growing up Publix subs didn’t even exist, not until I was probably close to a teenager, early 90s. Publix subs were a staple of any growing boy...
  8. dpgator33

Marijuana On The Course

Not sure what you mean by working both ways, but I do acknowledge that the smell of marijuana is very “lingering” you might say, compared to a cigarette for sure. I live in Oregon where it’s legal, and I will occasionally smell weed from inside my own vehicle with the windows rolled up. In areas...
  9. dpgator33

Marijuana On The Course

I could give a rip about who puts what in their body. I’m very much on the side of decriminalization of most recreational drugs. However, for someone to suggest that I modify my behavior (don’t breathe through my nose) is just wrong. The smell of weed doesn’t “effect” me per se, nor does the...
  10. dpgator33

What is "The Business" where you live?

Locally, tourism and to a lesser extent fishing. There’s a pretty good size port where the Columbia goes into the Pacific in Astoria. Regionally, lumber. Not much else until you get into the city of Portland (Nike, Intel, Amazon and others.) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. dpgator33

Breakfast Ball???

My course has no range, so unless I’m playing in a league then I have no problem taking one with a clear conscience for handicap purposes. But only on the first hole. Luckily the first is pretty wide open and pretty short par 4 so anything aside from a straight top is not going to be OB or in...
  12. dpgator33

Favorite backdrop for golf

Red rock desert courses in Sedona are the most picturesque I’ve ever played. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. dpgator33

Bandon Dunes vid

Episode 2 was at my home course, Gearhart Golf Links. They did a great job, really enjoyed watching it. Highly recommended course, but not easy to get to, a solid 90 minutes from Portland and probably two hours from PDX. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. dpgator33

Lets talk about....The Cart Girl

When I first moved to Oregon and started playing at the one course here, I was kind of shocked that they don’t have on course beverage service. I’m used to it now, but it does seem a little odd. Here on the coast the courses are open year round - I get why in the off season they wouldn’t due to...
  15. dpgator33

Do you golf on Thanksgiving?

Probably this year I will if the weather is decent. Wife is on call and with COVID my family Turkey Day trip/plans got cancelled. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back