Recent content by drb1956

1. drb1956

Is Golf a Sport?

Yeah! It really looked better than the score would reveal. Hoping to lower that number as I go forward this season. Getting out of the tee box is my biggest fear, and the biggest problem with my game. Will consider shortening my driver shaft, within reason, if that is what I need to do to...
  2. drb1956

Where is your game?

Just got out for the first time yesterday. Can't judge too much from one round, but it does look promising. Driver was looking good on the back nine, approaches were ok, short game just needs time, and putting was pretty good. 103, but it looked better than the score would indicate. Did not lose...
  3. drb1956

Is Golf a Sport?

How about Shell's Wonderful World of Golf, where 2 pro's would go at it for prize money. The purses on tour were no where near what they are today. And, some of the long hitters were driving like 265-270. Not too many 300+ drives back then, and they played with TopRocks, and Spaulding balls...
  4. drb1956

Is Golf a Sport?

Played for the first time this year, and my body is a little sore, so yes, I think with all the exertion, and some skill that I put forth, it is a sport. Did not lose a ball, put 2 snowman on the card, but had one par, and one birdie. Add in a bunch of double bogies, and you end up at 103...
  5. drb1956

Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

Just another one of the golf millionaires that feel entitled to do, and say whatever.. Go back to LIV.. He and Sergio make good company for each other...
  6. drb1956

Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

Ok.Cobra must have gotten fed up with him...
  7. drb1956

Wilson has it

Read a thread on here not too long ago about loft jacking. Must be something to it...
  8. drb1956

Wilson has it

Just thinking out loud, as most new sets have a PW of ~42*...
  9. drb1956

Wilson has it

Yeah! To have a PW at 46*, which is uncommon with all the new lofted sets out there, is a good thing. Enjoy those clubs...
  10. drb1956

How many different golf balls do you have?

Just one ball at this time, which I have been playing since last season. I was playing the TopFlite Hammer Control for two seasons, but had a really bad round, early last season, where I Iost 15-18 balls during the round, and guess it was a wake up call. We were scheduled to play the next day...
  11. drb1956

The 60 and over Thread

I didn't really want to say anything about this country's obesity issues, but I bet it is a large part of this problem. Golf IS hard on the back, but I feel that the quest for distance is fueling that, as a lot of players want to be like Bryson, and THAT swing, I feel, is a physical detriment...
  12. drb1956

The 60 and over Thread

All this talk about back pain! What does this say about the way we live in this country? Why do so many have this problem? Lack of exercise, or movement? It's not just us old folks that have this problem. Is it the way we sit, or the work we do, or sit in our homes, and sit in our cars? Is it...
  13. drb1956

Does anyone have a wedge that they only use for chip shots?

So, for me it depends on distance of the chip. Greenside is the most obvious, but what about, say 15-20 yards? Does it become a pitch shot? I use my 54* as my "go to", but I have used my 58*, dependent on the layout of the hole. Bunkers, mounds, even the slope of the green has to figure in on...
  14. drb1956

Iron groove sharpeners

I won't be sharpening grooves on any of my clubs anytime soon. I play hybrid irons, and the faces on them would just get ruined if I put my carbide groove sharpener on them. I have CBX2's for wedges, and I don't see me sharpening them for the next few years, and cobsidering I only play about...
  15. drb1956

The 60 and over Thread

I like it! If I bogie, all good! If I par, outstanding! Birdie! Elated!! I keep setting goals as the season goes on, like breaking 100, 95, 90, etc.. I am a high capper, senior, so for me, just want to play, not too worried about being a 10, or even a 15 hdcp...
Back