Recent content by dthrog00

1. dthrog00

How many strokes am I giving up by playing old/cheap equipment?

I didn't hit enough shots with the K15 recently to confirm, but I think it is at least a 5 mph ball speed advantage for the M3 for me. I expect part of that is the fit is not great for the K15. Dave
  2. dthrog00

are your rounds mostly 18 vs 9 holes?

Mostly 9 holes. #1 work league on week nights, #2 I much prefer to walk and it is much easier to walk 9 holes. Dave
  3. dthrog00

First Iron Fitting In Years - What setup am I going to have recommended?

Interesting! Maybe your inside swing and outside swing are different? Dave
  4. dthrog00

First Iron Fitting In Years - What setup am I going to have recommended?

I bet the C200 was a legit 150 club when you played more and maybe you lost distance from not playing as much. Dave
  5. dthrog00

Golf Ball Compression: Spin, Speed and Distance

What balls are you guys using that swing 95-100 mph and find the regular ProV1 to be rock like? I swing slower than you (~ 88 MPH) and am not bothered even by the ProV1x or MTB X! The X balls make a little bit more noise, but I don't find the feel offensive. Maybe I have stone hands? Do...
  6. dthrog00

Trying to Break 100

You should do "you". If that includes driver then use it. If it does not then go with the rest of the bag. Dave
  7. dthrog00

What to look for in new irons?

Reaching a 13.4 cap is a great achievement. Not many golfers become that good. I suspect you have more in the tank, though. Dave
  8. dthrog00

Club hoarders rejoice

I blame it for myself on insanity. Dave
  9. dthrog00

What to look for in new irons?

I think there's a couple ways to look at this: 1. Won contest - Obviously, you're in a unique situation. Pick something that like the look and feel of and that meets your dispersion/distance guidelines. Make sure the shaft and lie work for your swing. 2. General consumer - There's arguably...
  10. dthrog00

Trying to Break 100

I've put the G15s back in the bag the past couple times out and forever reason have struggled a bit. I think it is the thick soles and I'm fighting them. I think at this point I'm reasonably confident then I could put any of my 3 irons sets (G15, TE Forged, MP4) into the bag and score in a...
  11. dthrog00

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

Is the bounce too high for your swing? Dave
  12. dthrog00

How many strokes am I giving up by playing old/cheap equipment?

I agree for irons, but woods and drivers in particular have gotten longer. My M3 has a significant ball speed edge on my K15. Dave
  13. dthrog00

Help Me Gap Top End of Bag

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I could probably get by with less than 12 clubs, but think I currently have 30+ LOL :) I can figure something out or go with less clubs. I've actually some success this season with a chipper of all things. I need to sell some clubs too! Dave
  14. dthrog00

Golf Channel Shutdown?

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/06/22/golf-channel-announces-major-layoffs-coming-orlando-based-staff/
  15. dthrog00

Trying to Break 100

I don't know many sports that are harder than golf! So we have that going for us :) Dave
Back