Recent content by duffypratt

1. D

Trying to Break 100

This is why I am so much better with short irons and wedges. Anything longer than my 8 iron, and I swing too hard.
  2. D

Joining a Private Club - What Would You (Should I) Ask?

Cooperative relationships with other clubs? Any current plans to improve that would interfere with course access? Dress code?
  3. D

Most tragic/worst TV show or Movie ending?

Least satisfying ending in a movie: The Birds. They get in a car and drive away? And nothing is resolved? Least satisfying in a Tv series: Twin Peaks. Awful in so many ways. Most tragic movie ending: Chinatown. Absolutely, devastating: “Forget it, Jake, It’s Chinatown.” Most tragic TV...
  4. D

Do you carry less than 14 clubs, why?

I've got 13. Driver, 5 and 7 woods, 4 and 5 hybrids, 6-SW and putter. I almost never use the 7 wood (can't hit it anyway) and could easily lose it, or replace with a 3 wood. Don't see a need now for a lob wedge, and not sure what else I could use. Just got the new clubs about 2 months ago, so...
  5. D

Course/Club shutdowns for maintenance/updates.

My club has two courses. This spring, after the cold snap, they shut down one course to redo the greens. It’s set to re-open in mid-August. Congestion hit the other course, and it has taken a beating. It’s greens were in bad shape to begin with, and three of them are so bad that they had to...
  6. D

How Unconventional Do You Try?

Playing Wishon single length irons 6-Sw, with two single length hybrids, and a single length 5 and seven wood. They have JumboMax grips on them, and I think I will put that on my driver, too.
  7. D

DeChambeau v. McIlroy v. Champ

Dechambeau is crushing the other two in strokes gained off the tee. His average is 1.117, putting him first on the tour. Champ and McIlroy are .636 and .637, ranking them 6th and 7th. That's a pretty huge difference. That same difference going down to .118 gets you to about rank 80. So the...
  8. D

Entitled, Rude, Aggressive Golfers - The WORST. Bad day on course. How do you deal with them.

He saw you playing two balls. And then taking extra putts while he was waiting. He did not see the people on the tee ahead of you. Under those circumstances, I would be annoyed, too. He yelled at you down the hole. Not cool. But I've had people do it to me under similar circumstances...
  9. D

One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Before I got my Wishon's I was averaging about 4-5 greens in regulation. I've played 8 rounds with the new clubs. At first, performance dropped to about 2 greens in regulation for the first three rounds, getting used to the clubs and the new distances. But in the last four rounds, I have...
  10. D

Bandon Dunes golf

So every hole was into the wind???
  11. D

Slacks or shorts?

Don’t care, but if you let them wear anything they “wanted,” they would all be wearing pants, plastered from head to toe with ads, like a NASCAR driver.
  12. D

CONTEST Win A PING G425 Hybrid

Currently using Wishon EQ-NX1 hybrids. Would like this to pair with my Ping G425 LST driver.
  13. D

Should the US Opens be at a private or a public course?

When I was in high school on Long Island, Bethpage was the local municipal course. No reservations. To play on the weekend, you would have to line up at about 4am to reserve a spot. But in the summers, on weekdays, it was pretty easy to get on to one of the five courses. It was especially...
  14. D

If you had to choose one song to listen to before passing away what would it be?

Without a doubt, it would be John Cage's ORGAN2/ASLSP. Played properly, it should have a duration of 639 years. I would like to hear that before I die.
  15. D

One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Just got my clubs today. They are Wishon EQ-NX1s. The set includes 6-SW. 4-5 Hybrid. 5 and 7 wood. Shafts are Wishon S2S White Graphite in regular. 37" for the irons. 37.5 for the hybrids. And 41.5 for the woods. They have Medium Jumbomax grips on them. Before, I had been using the...
Back