Recent content by dunkjez

1. dunkjez

How consistent are your golf balls?

Glass of warm water and enough epsom salt to make a golf ball float. I don't do it very often because I'm not that good but that's how I would do it if I were truly concerned.
  2. dunkjez

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

1. Which irons do you currently play? I currently play the Titleist T300. 2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The first thing that caught my eye was the topline. I'm a 6 hcp and "should" be playing less forgiving clubs but I just love the rounder profile...
  3. dunkjez

Do you underestimate how much the golf ball changes things?

I've long held the belief that any ball can work for any golfer, so long as you know what that ball does when you strike it. I believe in ball fitting as I've done it several times over my playing life but the fact is, a player who wasn't fit but knows how their ball reacts to strikes will...
  4. dunkjez

Wasting Time?

Sounds like free money to the pro.
  5. dunkjez

PXG Fitting

My good buddy has gone through two full PXG fittings in the last two years and has spent at least $3K each time (Heroes pricing) and has nothing but great things to say about the fitting process.
  6. dunkjez

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

I was looking for a head only but ended up buying the 10K Max at the local golf shop in 9°. They had a handful in stock. I played yesterday with the stock Alta shaft and it was a bit of a timing struggle but once I got it down, good grief, this thing is long. I'm waiting on an adapter in...
  7. dunkjez

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

On a whim, my buddy let me use his 10K Max for a round (Ventus Blue Velocore). I had previously hit the stock shaft on the Trackman and the numbers were promising but I wasn't truly overwhelmed. My typical miss is either a straight pull or a push fade. I found the driver to live up to the 10K...
  8. dunkjez

What is a simple food you would never eat?

My wife will never convince me that beets and radishes are different foods, but it doesn't matter because I'll never eat either.
  9. dunkjez

What do you want from a 3w?

Max carry I guess. I hit it plenty far already.
  10. dunkjez

What do you want from a 3w?

I just had this conversation with myself, and the truth is I only successfully use a 3w off the tee. I very rarely hit it off the deck and when I do, it's a hot mess. I can't even remember the last time I hit it off the deck and hit a green. Off the tee, however, I smash it. So, it's either...
  11. dunkjez

What is 10K MOI and Does it Matter To You?

I was obviously paraphrasing in my first comment but the jist was they didn't do 10K because the looks would be affected by screwing around with COG etc etc. They came in around mid 9,000's, while not really saying it was the best number, that's the club they released so of course they're going...
  12. dunkjez

What is 10K MOI and Does it Matter To You?

Chris explained it well but it's still all marketing. "10K not that great, but 9.5K is the best because that's what we're doing." When Mizuno does 10K, they'll just say they figured out how to reduce spin and improve looks.
  13. dunkjez

Chambers Bay

I'm curious as well. It's on my list of courses to play this year for sure.
  14. dunkjez

Root For or Against?

I'm not rooting for or against them. I'm reacting to their performance with my performance, plain and simple. Anyone who roots against someone has some serious issues to resolve.
  15. dunkjez

How to do you golf....Ride or Walk(this includes the use of a cart/trolley) and which is better?

My partners ride 99.9% of the time and so do I. Several of them own their carts and that's great. I buy their beverages as payment when I ride with them. The 4 main courses we play are not the easiest to walk, they're doable, but I'd rather enjoy myself. And I don't play better when I walk...
Back