Recent content by EJ333

1. E

Are men's and ladie's hybrid heads the same ?

I was thinking of swapping some heads and shafts on some Nike Sumo2 hybrids. Generally speaking, are mens and ladies hybrid heads the same in terms of weight, or are ladies heads lighter bcause they are paired with lighter shafts ?
  2. E

Can you reccomend a Ladies set ?

My niece has been taking lessons for a couple months in order to join the girls high school team as a freshman. Probably not a serious competitor, but would like her develop decent skills to enjoy the sport. I was thinking that maybe some type of Ladies hybrid set might make it easier to get the...
  3. E

Visor with a high crown

I like to wear a white visor (regular size ) when playing on warm days. Nike visor with a simple small "Swoosh ". Do visors with a high crown look better on most guys ? Do you think the large lettering on these tour type visors make it too gaudy, or does it look more pro in your opinion ?
  4. E

Does High Finish tend to give straighter flight ?

I tend to hit hybrids more than irons. Do hybrid approach shots, generally speaking , with a high finish result in straighter flight ? (versus a slight fade )
  5. E

Adjustable drivers not what they seem

I explained to my clubfitter that I have been hitting moderate fades with my R9 SuperTri even though it was set in neutral. To combat the moderate fade, I had developed an exaggerated inside to outside driver swing, as if I am purposefully trying to hook the drive. To my suprise and dismay, he...
  6. E

Cutting down hybrid shaft to reduce distance

I have a high lofted hybrid that is my "go to" club. I will intentionally lay up to a certain distance just so I can hit it because of the consistent results it gives. If I grip down two inches, it will consistently give me 10 yards less. This hybrid is a Nike Sumo2 hybrid which maxes out at 34*...
  7. E

Have you ever played with guys who never cleaned their clubs ?

I know it seems weird, but did you ever play with anyone who never appeared to clean their club faces in what appears to be months or even years worth of grass and grass stains ? I have. One guy was a former college gymnast and was a high handicapper that plays one a week that had what appeared...
  8. E

How much can you cut from a graphite shaft ?

I have a 37.5 inch graphite shaft that I would like to cut down to install in a wedge. How much can you shorten a shaft and still maintain the same characteristics that you like in that shaft ? I will have it professionally done, but still want to know before I bring it to the shop.
  9. E

Long golf slacks with " V - notch " at hem

When I watch the pros on TV, some wear pants with a V shaped notch in the hem. What is the purpose of the notch ? Is it just fashion ? It seems to me like it may allow you to wear slightly longer slacks that cover more of your socks and the top part of your shoes to avoid the "high-water"...
  10. E

Best way to remove lead tape

I have a fairway wood in which I have a couple strips of lead tape that seems to be stuck on there pretty well. Since I have recently changed the shaft to a lighter weight shaft, I would like to remove the lead tape or else the swing weight is too heavy. However, when I tried, it just chips off...
  11. E

Lightest bag with full length dividers

Looking for the lightest stand golf bag with at least 9 full length dividers. Must be durably constructed so zippers and material lasts at least three seasons.
  12. E

2009 Cleveland Free Iron Set Trade -In Program

In 2009 I purchased a set of Cleveland XLI irons that I no longer use. I believe I have till the end of this year to trade in for a new set of HB3 irons. Has anyone utilized this program ? What was your experience ? Is there any way I can pay an up charge and get a set of the Black Irons instead ?
  13. E

Cleveland Launcher FL 17* versus Mashie M1 15.5*

For those who have hit both: a) How would you compare distances, ball flight and accuracy between the two clubs? b) Does anybody carry both in the bag, or is there too much overlap in the utility of these two ?
  14. E

Take your favorite clubhead & shaft, always a perfect match ?

Is it that simplistic that we can expect our favorite clubhead ( that had a stock shaft) mated with our favorite shaft will necessarily give us the desired result ? Or is there more complexity than one would expect ?Are manufacturers really getting that combo finely tuned themselves in some cases ?
  15. E

Swingweight importance

I am considering purchasing a used swing weight scale to check the swing weights across my woods, hybrids, and wedges. Is adjusting swing weights across each type of club in your bag to match important for better playing consistency ? I like to add strips of lead tape to get a better feel of...
Back