Recent content by El Rayo X

1. El Rayo X

Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

I think it depends on where you’re going and expected weather.
  2. El Rayo X

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Don’t know how THP puts these together, but thank you for doing it. Incredible opportunity……
  3. El Rayo X

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

Probably around 1:45-2hrs. I used to jump out in the evening on my folks course and zip around pretty quickly in a cart.
  4. El Rayo X

Would this stop you from playing?

Play 18, voucher for the rest
  5. El Rayo X

Would this stop you from playing?

I lived out on the north side of the Olympic Peninsula for 5 years, so that was my average winter golf weather. There's a reason I live in the desert now. If I were in on a once in a lifetime trip, then I'd play. Otherwise, pass!
  6. El Rayo X

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

Phil was right all along…..
  7. El Rayo X

Gym Pet Peeves

I am 63, happily married and a Christian. While I do admire the female form, the latest gym fashion is a bit distracting.
  8. El Rayo X

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played 18 before 10am.
  9. El Rayo X

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

I keep my handicap through the AGA ( Arizona Golf Assoc. ) and GHIN. I post all my rounds, solo or not, unless just going out for practice, which is maybe 20% of the time. How do they know I played alone? Who cares. Stupid rule.
  10. El Rayo X

What did you shoot today?

49/38 = 78 Only one birdie, missed a few in the 12-15ft range. Last few warm days and nights has the Bermuda in our greens starting to show. Have to adjust the putting since once the ball starts slowing down the grain takes hold. That wasn't the case 2 weeks ago. Hit the ball pretty well, irons...
  11. El Rayo X

Gym Pet Peeves

In rarely go there to lift anymore, it's fairly clsoe to a lot U of A off campus housing, so it's alway busy. If I do go, it's for the pool (saltwater) and the wet and dry saunas.
  12. El Rayo X

Gym Pet Peeves

One of my local gym's has nothing but The View, CNN, MSNBC or ESPN on their 20 or so TV's :sick:
  13. El Rayo X

Which Scotty Cameron 2024 putter?

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant neck is what you seek......
  14. El Rayo X

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

Well, that's an interesting question. When I lived in colder regions I always got a "forced" break during the winter, or at least less golf. Now that I live in the desert, I sometimes hit a wall with the quality of my play, but I don't really take a break. Aeration and over seed seasons, I may...
Back