Recent content by eric61

1. E

Nelly Korda wins 2024 LPGA Drive On Championship, WITB.

I just stumbled across this thread, and wanted to note she does carry a Ping G425 5 hybrid. That’s the bridge from her 7W to her 5 iron. TaylorMade just always drops it from their Nelly Korda WITB stuff because it’s another company, just like her Vokey. For what it’s worth, I get the logic...
  2. E

Mizuno Partners With The DOD King

I caught a video featuring this guy a little while back where TaylorMade’s Trottie fitted him into a BRNR Mini. That club just seemed to make perfect sense for him. Mizuno seems like a stranger fit.
  3. E

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I have $251.58 in Callaway credit burning a hole in my pocket. However, my bag is set for this year. (Including the golf bag itself.) If you were me, what would you buy? I love tinkering — happy to buy and try something just for fun, since it’s gift card money. I was thinking about some...
  4. E

2024 Callaway Golf Bags

I really like the Earth Day Fairway C bag. I still have a little Callaway credit left from a previous return … thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Only negative is I wish it was the Fairway+ model.
  5. E

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Oh and these came in! Callaway Chrome Tours thanks to the buy 3, get 4 promo.
  6. E

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Pulled the trigger on a 7W today. Went ahead and put it in my signature! G430 Max at 41.75", D3 swing weight, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X shaft, set to flat-minus. Hopefully Ping can turn it around in the next couple of weeks.
  7. E

CONTEST Win a Fitting, Driver and More – Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya

Such an awesome-sounding event. Got my entry in!
  8. E

EXPERIENCE 2024 Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya

Sign-ups today, right? All the experiences this site offers are incredible but this is the one that had me thinking "WHOA, I need to sign up for the Albatross Club."
  9. E

PING i230 Irons and iCrossover

Oh I know they spin! I’ve had them in the bag since they came out. Honestly I’m just looking for a way to free up a club, was thinking about trying a 47 PW to 52/58 wedge setup and I know retro specs get me there.
  10. E

Club in your bag you WILL NOT replace this year?

Only one club in my bag is truly safe: Ping G430 Max 3 wood with a Fujikura Speeder NX 70X. I have it in the flat-minus setting, playing 43" tipped 0.5". I haven't had the head's loft digitally measured, but to my eye it has slightly less loft than most G430 heads I've seen -- so I would guess...
  11. E

I know power spec'ing these is popular but has anybody gone retro specs on the i230s? What'd you see vs. standard specs?
  12. E

I love my i230s with Axiom 105X. They're definitely in the bag for this year. I have, though, thought about going retro spec 4-PW, a 52/58 wedge setup (from the retro spec'ed 47 degree PW), and going 3W, 7W, hybrid, then 4 iron on down, on the long end. Just feel like a higher-lofted hybrid...
  13. E

Tour Edge Exotics 723 Fairways and Hybrids

Anybody still playing the C723 fairway woods? I'm in the western Chicago suburbs, so Tour Edge is local for me. But I'd never really given their clubs much of a chance, because I'm a lefty and historically they haven't been great at offering much for us. But at the Chicago Golf Show this past...
  14. E

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

So I was tinkering with the G430 Max 10K earlier this week at Golf Galaxy, and my conclusion was that it's perfect for somebody with a neutral or even negative angle of attack. That's not me -- my AoA has a tendency to drift up to +6-ish, and I have to work on keeping it down in the +2/+3...
  15. E

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Been thinking long and hard about a QI10 7 wood. If Callaway made either the Apex UW 21* or the Triple Diamond 7W for lefties, they'd be no-brainers. I'm looking for something in that third-longest-spot in the bag with plenty of loft and a deep face, so that I can use it to dig balls out of...
Back