Recent content by Farmergolf

1. F

Opinions on going to college for PGAM

More great replies, thanks so much. I don`t think he necessarily looking to be a club pro. More like going through the program so he would have the experience and maybe do some teaching kids or clinics kinda on the side but more using the business/management degree he would also have from the...
  2. F

Thanks for the replies. He was thinking that maybe doing the program would be an option to get into the golf industry not necessarily being a head pro or teacher. He would have a business/marketing degree and could work for a club or even a golf brand in that capacity. I know the head pro route...
  3. F

Hello, my son is a high school senior. He absolutely loves golf and is pretty good for starting late and being in Ohio (average mid - upper 70s). He hasn't really known what he wants to do but looking at d3 schools just so he could be on a golf team. He is good student and could do anything but...
  4. F

PING i230 Irons and iCrossover

My son who is a high school senior got these irons couple of weeks ago. He absolutely loves them. So accurate and consistent. He lost some distance coming from his gi irons but the results are night and day. His first 3 nine hole school matches he has been - 1,+4 and even which is big...
  5. F

How much do fitting specs change

Some great replies and advice. Thank you all.
  6. F

How much do fitting specs change

My son was fit his freshman year of high school. His clubs are +1 length and 2 up. He was fit for Cobra radspeed which he has liked but as with all of us he wants a cleaner look and thinking about more of a players distance iron now that he is entering his final year of high school. He hasnt...
  7. F

Workout routine for high school golfer

Thank you for the replies, I will get him started.
  8. F

Workout routine for high school golfer

Hello, My son is a junior in high school. He loves to golf, practices alot and is getting better. He has that 6 foot 140 pound body we had in high school that thought would always be around but unfortunately isn`t anymore!! He is obviously not going to gain a lot weight soon but thought maybe if...
  9. F

2021 THP Holiday Cheer Day 1: Shot Scope

Having all the info I can might help me beat my 16 year old son...Ahh who am I kidding it wont but still would love to have. Amazing how JB has grown this forum, been here since those early days!!
  10. F

Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

My son is a sophomore just finished his second year on high school golf team. His swing speed around 97. He has the radspeed driver and irons and really likes them. He has a 3 and 4 f9 hybrid also. He wants a fairway to fit in between. Mostly for off the tee for short tight oar4. I am not sure...
  11. F

WTS New in Box Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor $400

I know older post, is this sold? Thanks
  12. F

DV club fitter in Akron Ohio

Thanks for all the great info! Sounds like windmill will be a good fit for my son, very excited to take him now.
  13. F

Thanks for info, I will definitely check them out. Anyone there in particular to ask for or do they only have one main fitter? I like your way to get a set together at a good price and still fit to him.
  14. F

Thanks for reply. He has played about 2 years just few times year. He is really loving it and improved a lot. Wants to join high school team next fall. He shooting upper 40s low 50s for 9 holes with a bad short game just from not enough time spent on it. He is 5'10 and still growing but prob not...
  15. F

They are KZG dealer, looks like website they also sell other brands. I don't know much about KZG. I would like for him to try many brands. The dv fitter has some positive feedback on the web but I don't know. I do like they say free adjustments on clubs you buy from them figure since he prob...
Back