Recent content by ford

1. ford

Nets & Divot Mats

How easy is it to put up and take down? Where I live, I'll need to take it down most of the time after use.... Thanks!
  2. ford

Favorite wide brimmed hat for hot weather?

The Mission cooling hats aren't bad, but the brims aren't strong so they get a bit floppy. The Titleist boonie style have strong brims and lots of coverage. They are about fifty bucks new, so not cheap, but they last a good while.
  3. ford

What shoes are you gaming this year?

I can't remember ever paying full price for golf shoes... I always find something on sale..... most shoes are solid. I've had good luck with Puma and Adidas in the past. I just wait to buy a previous years model and save some dough.
  4. ford

Mizuno Stz220 driver

After reading up on it, I might look to trade into one in a year or so... I like the sound of the changes they've made.
  5. ford

Mizuno Stz220 driver

I have the 2021 STZ and it is an excellent driver.... I'd love to hit the 220 and see if there is much difference. I've heard the sound is better as the STZ is a bit pingy sounding... but that doesn't really bother me. Good news is there are bargains to be had on Mizuno drivers if you look...
  6. ford

Do you play anything “off brand”?

Nothing truly off brand, but I have no problem using things that aren't one of the hot or big brands... lots of good stuff out there that works. I have a really nice Tour Edge approach wedge... Rife Putter that is several years old.... Precept 21 degree hybrid..... Adams golf stand bag.
  7. ford

Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

I just got a really nice deal on a used #6 at the Golf Galaxy nearest me..... great feeling putter. I don't love the blue grip... it is a midsize, but I'd prefer something a bit bigger and a bit less slick so I'll be changing that soon. I really want one of the Premium Soft 10.5's though...
  8. ford

Houston Area THP group

Golf Galaxy it is then, though I'll stop by Big O's sometime I'm in the area to check it out. Not too far away from me in Alvin. Thanks for the help!
  9. ford

Houston Area THP group

I'm just getting back into playing.... I live on the south side between Houston and Galveston.... Quick question.... are there any golf repair shops down here now besides Golf Galaxy over by Baybrook Mall?.... or does GG repair shop get good reviews? I don't need anything major, but will need...
  10. ford

Free- Ben Hogan Golf Head Covers

I'm interested. PM sent!
  11. ford

Euro 2012 (Spoilers)

Didn't see a thread for this... I'm having a lot of fun watching the games... Denmark pulled off a nice upset over the Netherlands.... England and France just played a snoozer.... Hopefully this afternoons game will be more fun Who are you rooting for and why? I'd like to see England do...
  12. ford

Saint Arnolds Homefront IPA..

Saint Arnold is a great craft brewery in Houston, Texas. They have really grown and you can find them all over the state now. I picked up two yesterday. Once they are out.. it's gone.. great way to help celebrate Memorial Day for beer lovers. They also had some maple louisville sluggers in...
  13. ford

How good are indoor simulators/swing analyzers?

It seems the tech keeps changing quickly and I've only taken outdoor lessons in the past. I'll be taking lessons soon and was just wondering how everyone feels about taking all or most of their lessons indoors where you can't see the full ball flight. I'm not against it at all.... Just want...
  14. ford

FS: Wilson Staff Robert Mendralla SW 56degree

$30! This is in really nice shape. I bought it as new old stock a few years ago and have barely used it. Has a Wilson Fat shaft 450. It doesn't say the flex, but feels like a stiff. 56 degree. I can't find any specs on the bounce. There are some tiny rust spots on the shaft near the...
  15. ford

Best club repair and club fitters in your area?

I was going to start a thread just asking about the Houston area.. I searched here, but found nothing... but then I figured this might be a good thread for people all over. Anyway, I'm looking for a great club repair/builder in Houston. If they happen to be a great fitter.. that is awesome...
Back