Recent content by formula8

1. formula8

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Funny you mention this. I was catching up on the last few pages before posting some on course observations. One of them was about an 8 iron into a stiff breeze CT vs. CTX. Hit CTX good but not flushed and it flew nice and finished front edge. Then hit a CT and it was just pure. First thought...
  2. formula8

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm coaching tball games on Saturday mornings through June. I definitely want to join when I'm free.
  3. formula8

Which Ball Would You Play?

I'm going ball 2 for the spin. Sure the argument can be made for ball 1 being more forgiving on misses thus the tight standard deviations. But I've played ball 1. That's the ball that spins at 4k out of the rough or with some moisture and flies 180. No thanks.
  4. formula8

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Awesome opportunity that I'm really excited for. As a WS fan and someone living in the Chicago area I've had these in hand a few times already. They look amazing and I'd love to also go through AI fit. 1. Currently playing Cobra Fly Z+ 2. They are fantastic shape and a bit more compact than...
  5. formula8

Happy Birthday Thread

Went great! My wife had fun and picked up when needed to keep pace. She loves hitting driver and hit 6/7 FIR 🤣 She even had a few pretty legit 2 putts. Definitely a success.
  6. formula8

Happy Birthday Thread

Thanks! My wife and I both took the day off work and she is going to play golf with me. She's practiced with me and done a par 3 course but this is her first time out on an 18 hole course.
  7. formula8

You ever just get...bored?

Sometimes it's hard to play the same 14 club setup multiple rounds in a row. :p
  8. formula8

Long Tom 2 wood

I dabbled with a Long Tom for a bit. Really cool club and I liked the look. Didn't care for the lightweight theme and extra length. I'm all for comeback.
  9. formula8

Course Mgmt: shot evaluation criteria

Look at it different way. If you followed your same strategy and hit just an average shot, would you even be questioning yourself. I'm guessing no, and you would feel great about your course management paying off.
  10. formula8

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I'm picking John Rahm to win.
  11. formula8

You Have $10

Beer BBQ Pork Cheese Straws
  12. formula8

What is your current “must try”club?

Apex UW 21* with some shaft options or a shallower 7W.
  13. formula8

Lofts of your first irons

Titleist DCI Black. 36* 7 iron and 48* PW
  14. formula8

Mitsubishi Shafts - Online Fitting Tool

Limited to the second highest price bracket I get this.
Back