Recent content by Ft Worth Golfer

1. Ft Worth Golfer

Favorite Golf Conspiracy Theories

One I always found interesting is that Babe Zaharias was genetically male and female. One of if not the greatest Texas athlete of all time. I think there are some compelling things pointing to that being true, I also think it could just be nasty rumors from guys she dominated in all sports.
  2. Ft Worth Golfer

What ALWAYS and NEVER to do to break 80.

I read this article a couple of days ago and thought his advice was meh. As someone who has been living in the 80's for the last 3 years I've discovered if I minimize 3 putts and penalty strokes I break 90 every time with a chance to break 80. For me that means swinging driver off the tee box...
  3. Ft Worth Golfer

Low tee height with driver

Is there a reason we should have a positive AOA with the driver?
  4. Ft Worth Golfer

Low tee height with driver

Fellow low tee height driver here. Welcome to the club. I probably tee the ball around 3/4 of an inch off the ground, maybe a bit more.
  5. Ft Worth Golfer

Was Adams Golf underappreciated?

Funny this thread pops up because Wednesday I pulled out my old Idea Black CB2 irons just for giggles and proceeded to have the best ball striking round of my entire life. I was all in on Adams golf and had 3 iron sets. Their raw MB irons they had that would rust were my favorite looking irons...
  6. Ft Worth Golfer

GHIN App throwing shade my way

Had the greatest round of my life yesterday and broke 80 for the first time ever. I go to my GHIN app to post my score and it came up with this message “Warning this score is much lower than this player’s typical score. Are you sure you want to post?” Essentially GHIN was calling BS on my round...
  7. Ft Worth Golfer

Big Toe Nail Issue From Golf

I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else has the same toe issue I have and how to fix it. So during my swing I apparently jam my foot forward in my shoe. This pushes my big toe nail back into my toe and causes a bruise by the cuticle and my entire toe nail becomes bruised and really...
  8. Ft Worth Golfer

Cobra F9 Driver Teaser

Little teaser on the Cobra twitter page a few days ago. https://twitter.com/cobragolf/status/1055860858381692929 Looks like there is a yellow band running across the rear crown of the driver. If you pause during the video you can get a glimpse of it.
  9. Ft Worth Golfer

The Worst Weather You've Golfed In

What's the worst weather you ever played in? For me about 8 years ago I wanted to play a full day of golf with one of my best buddies before he moved out of town. We showed up at a muni in Abilene, TX early in the morning and played 40+ holes. The temps were low 30's and there was a light rain...
  10. Ft Worth Golfer

Any Baseball Players here?

I've been playing in a 25 and up wooden bat baseball league for about 6 years now and I have my first practice tonight followed by the first game next week. Absolutely love baseball and golf and those two hobbies consume almost all my time and money. Are there any other baseball players out...
  11. Ft Worth Golfer

Tax Return Shopping Spree

For those lucky few who still get a tax return, what golf stuff are you planning on buying with your tax return? I'll be getting new Puma golf cleats and a few Puma shirts. I might be going full Aloha collection on the cleats and shirts.
  12. Ft Worth Golfer

J J Henry Signs with Ben Hogan Golf

Just got an email stating JJ Henry signed an endorsement deal with Ben Hogan golf. Found that interesting considering they are just a few months removed from filing for bankruptcy.
  13. Ft Worth Golfer

Should High Handicappers Use Less Lofted Wedges?

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on my wedge philosophy. I started playing about 7 years ago and like everyone else bought a 60* and 56* wedges. I really struggled with my short game and for whatever reason I decided to try out a 54* wedge. I hit my short irons so well and I thought less loft...
  14. Ft Worth Golfer

Free Golf Because of Work

For the first time in my working career I'm finally getting some free stuff, food and stuff from vendors. I've also this year gotten free golf because of work for the first time ever. Got to play a nice country club with my boss for a charity tournament and also got free golf because a golf...
  15. Ft Worth Golfer

I'm hitting every club off the toe

Please help! This started out of no where about a year and a half ago. It is the worst with my irons which use to be my strongest part of my game. I cannot find the sweet spot and I hit everything off the toe. Lose 20+ yards depending on the club. I filmed my swing, I moved closer to the ball, I...
Back