Recent content by gabuzo

1. gabuzo

Sneakers! That's all they are!

Some of the Big name Golf shoe manufacturers are charging an arm and a leg for nothing more than a sneaker! You know the ones..., Del Mar, Street, Streewear. Ecco etc.. Heck I'm going to go to my local Foot locker and get a nice pair of turf shoes for half the price! What do you think!
  2. gabuzo

Heavy ~vs~ Light

It seems everything in Drivers is going Ultralight, Featherweight, Speedlight Bla, Bla Bla! What happened to the Drivers with a little meat on thier bones? I know everyone is looking for swing speed but if you hit a ball with a club with some weight behind it....,It's gonna Go!!! Is there anyone...
  3. gabuzo

WTB: JPX 800 Pro Irons

Looking for a right handed set for decent price. I really only need 6 through P but understand if you can't break up set.
  4. gabuzo

Stock Shafts

With the new drivers, fairway woods and hyrids hitting the market with stock shafts from the likes of Fujikura, Miyazaki ect.. Is it really necessary to get fitted for a custom shaft from the same companies? If a golfer tries these clubs out at say Golf Smith, or Golf Galaxy in their cage and it...
  5. gabuzo

Spider Man!!

So Camillo Vigeagas (sic) gets down with the get down looking at the greens! An athletic young man! I'm not so athletic at 50 yrs old! If I was to lay down on my belly on the green with my hands crosed upon my chin at right angles to get a look at the line ...., would mI be in some kind of...
  6. gabuzo

Pin High!

I've heard people use the term Pin high! I have a tough time rapping my mind around the term. To me being pin high would mean that my ball is above the pin. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this most confusing term?
  7. gabuzo

Golf GPS systems

I'm thinking about purchasing a GPS to help my game. Does anyone know if THP has done any reviews on these devices? How bout recomendations?
  8. gabuzo

sanding the greens

My home course and I'm sure many others sand the greens a couple time a year. What is the purpose of this? My buddy says it's more likely for proper drainage which sounds logical. Is there any other reason why they throw sand on the greens?
  9. gabuzo

looking for a Supertri shaft

If anyone has a Supertri shaft they would like to sell send me a message. Had a custom shaft put in and they used the housing from my stock shaft. the custom does not feel right. i still have the stock shaft so if anyone has a spare supertri housing they would like to part with that would work too!
  10. gabuzo

Can I get a ruling on this one?

I just finished a round of match play where I won 1 up. On hole #5 my opponent hit his second shot from behind some trees. It was a drawing shot but the problem was that there is a water hazard down there and some narley brush left of the water. We couldn't find the ball, and niether of us saw...
  11. gabuzo

Question about Club Fitting

I was recently fitted at a reputable club fitter(D'Lance Golf Denver,Co) who put me in a set of Mizuno MX 200 irons (which seem to be working well) by the way. However a couple weeks later I bought the R9 Super Tri, you know that fany new adjustable driver you guys demoed with great reviews...
  12. gabuzo

Question about club fitting

I was recently fitted at a reputable club fitter(D'Lance Golf Denver,Co) who put me in a set of Mizuno MX 200 irons (which seem to be working well) by the way. However a couple weeks later I bought the R9 Super Tri, you know that fany new adjustable driver you guys demoed with great reviews...
  13. gabuzo

1st win in Match Play

Well I went out today to play my first ever Match Play event and won 4&2! I want to thank all of you who shared some very good advise with me!:banana:
  14. gabuzo

Outside to In

I have a problem with my Irons, in that I swing outside to In and pull the shot straight left. No hook but dead straight left. Would it be prudent to stand further away from the ball in order to make it more difficult to come from the outside? I was just sitting outside having a beer and...
  15. gabuzo

Need some advise on Match Play

I recently joined a mens leaguge and signed up for the Match Play event. They grouped us according to our handicaps. There are only 4 of us in the 24 handicap group and it is a double elimination with a loosers bracket. Is there any special strategy or advise for match play? I would really like...
Back