Recent content by garethw

1. G

Mizuno JPX 921 Irons Review

I've several rounds in with my 921 forged. I miss on the toe and several times I have looked down and seen half a ball print on the shiny smooth part, however the ball has still gone straight but with a drop off in distance. That drop off is a lot less than I have seen with other irons. The...
  2. G

I got fitted for my JPX 921 Forged on the 17th November. I received them on the 12th January. Initially I was told 20 - 30 days, that was a "slight" under estimate.
  3. G

Watches

That yacht master has far too much going on, its tough on the eyes.
  4. G

Hang in there, I was initially quoted around 20 days, I think it was closer to six weeks if not longer before they arrived.
  5. G

50, 54, 58. I do only carry 13 clubs so there is a free slot.
  6. G

I'm having this problem at the bottom end of my bag. My PW is 20 - 30 yards longer than my 50* wedge. I've found I am a club to a club and a half longer than my previous irons, which is great as you go up the bag but the bottom end is all thrown out now.
  7. G

There is a massive amount of forgiveness in the Forged. I play 5 - PW, both toe and heel misses end up way better than they should. Try the whole range and you may be surprised.
  8. G

My 921 forged finally got delivered yesterday morning. Straight to the range for a couple of trays and then onto the course for 18 holes. Mixed results, my miss with my irons has always been a big left, the forged were ordered 2* flat and with how I have been setting up, the ball was heading...
  9. G

During my fitting dispersion was better and my spin was higher which lead to less rollout with the Forged. I was longer with the HMP over the forged, which in turn were approximately 9 yards longer than my current clubs.
  10. G

I ordered a set of 921 forged on the 17th November after a fitting with Mizuno here in Thailand. Their Rep said 20 - 30 days delivery, being Asia I guessed it would be on the longer side of his estimate. 2 weeks ago I received a message they had shipped from Japan and expect to receive them...
  11. G

Your Apple Watch Or Other Smartwatch: For What Do You Use It? Do You Still Use One?

I had an original Apple Watch and the screen cracked while on charge one night. I brought a Garmin Fenix 5 three years ago and use it as a gps when golfing, tracking my steps, heart rate, coupled with Strava when cycling, email and various messenger notifications which are ideal when at work and...
  12. G

Finally had a fitting with the Mizuno fitter and rep this week. I currently play 2015 / 16 Cobra Forged Tec with DG 95 S200 shafts. 7 iron typically carries right around 155 yards and I can get a high ball flight with not a lot of roll. First up we started with the Hot metal 7 iron good strong...
  13. G

Dynamic Gold 95 S200 alternative.

I currently use Dynamic Gold 95 S200 shafts in my irons. These are unavailable where I live in Thailand and import tax doesn't make it worthwhile ordering in a replacement from Singapore / Malaysia etc. What would be a suitable alternative in my 5 iron. Many thanks.
  14. G

Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

These seem to have filled the gap left, when the Forged Tec went from cavity to hollow bodied distance irons. I still use the original Forged Tec but as soon as these King Tour MIM hit the shores of Thailand I will be testing them. They look stunning, and they sound beautiful from the couple of...
  15. G

Thank you.Im still using the original 2015/16 Forged Tec and looking for a change (not sure why). I've a fitting booked with Mizuno tomorrow afternoon so will see what that throws up. Again thanks for taking the time to reply.
Back