Recent content by generalagony

1. generalagony

Sore right fingers. (right handed golfer)

I have noticed lately that whenever I play the outside three fingers on my right hand feel strained and sore after a few swings. Is this normal or could I be gripping the club too tightly with my right hand............or just have carpel tunnel :P p.s. I don't have a history of carpel tunnel...
  2. generalagony

DOH!!!

had loudest slapping sound in the world today when hitting my AW onto the green. I apparently hit a buried brick about 3 feet off a fenceline in the couse I played today. It took a pretty good little nick out of my iron right on the sole. Is there anyway this can be smoothed out or resurfaced...
  3. generalagony

Dented Diablo :(

I have been having hell with my driver for the past month or so and got a lot of my problems sorted today on the range. The problem is that before I got my driver swing back I dented the heel of the club right in the hostle (pardon spelling) area. Is there any negative side effect to denting a...
  4. generalagony

First day with Callaway X22's

Well for Christmas I got my first new clubs since starting the game a little over a year ago and they were the Callaway X22 Irons. I got 4-pw along with an AW and SW. The weather was perfect outside today so a few buds from work and I set out on a course I have never played before to give my new...
  5. generalagony

2010 Golf Goals - New Years Resolution Thread

Is there one I haven't found and can there be one? My resolution is to get serious with good gear and lessons to play in low 90's to high 80's by the end of 2010.
  6. generalagony

buying clubs/fitting confused

I am a little confused about how getting fitted for clubs works. When I look at Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy it looks like there is a select few clubs they can put together for you and that is all. How does it work if say I want to buy Callaway x-22 irons and have them fitted for me? Do I have to...
  7. generalagony

mat or grass lesson

I notice that when I warm up on a mat and then play a round I have a hard time adjusting to the different surface and it takes me a little time to adjust and be able to hit it well. That being said, when looking to take lessons, does it make a difference if you take lessons on a mat vs outside...
  8. generalagony

new grip woes.

I just got new grips put on an old set of clubs and swung them for the first time yesterday when I played 18 with my group. Although I was very happy with the improved feel of the grips, the performance of the clubs was quite different and it took a while before I could hit the ball very well...
  9. generalagony

new clubs before or after lessons?

I have decided what clubs I want to buy but I also know I need to take lessons soon; as I have not taken a lesson since starting the game a year ago. Would it be better to take lessons and before buying new clubs or buy them and take the lessons with the new clubs?
  10. generalagony

Hunting for ultimate golf bag

I am on a mission to find what i consider to be the holy grail of golf bags and i am having trouble finding something that meets my wish list. I would like a stand bag with at least 10 full length dividers and an external putter tube. Anyone know of a bag that meets these specs?
  11. generalagony

Finally broke 100 :)

took a little less than a year with no instruction but I shot a 98 the other day and look forward to trying to repeat it. Time for lessons.
  12. generalagony

hello from Houston, TX

I have been playing golf for a year now and can't get enough. I still have a high handicap but am setting up lessons and have a blast every time I get to play. I love reading the different opinions on this forum and look forward to a long future ini the game. Doesn't hurt that where I live, I...
Back