Recent content by geneticistx

1. geneticistx

my hcp went up 4 strokes, I dumped my driver for a 3 wood

I finished last season as a 10.4, which i was quite happy with. This year i started the year with aspirations of getting below 10, but my driver kept putting me OB. I took lessons, I prayed, I repeated "slow down", I did everything i could but the driver has been my nemesis. A couple weeks...
  2. geneticistx

Feb 3 - 9 Palm Springs ?

I'm taking a break from the north and heading down to visit my parents in the desert. Anyone up for a round in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/La Qunita/Rancho Mirage? M
  3. geneticistx

Match Play round with non-match player twosome

I was playing in a match at my home course yesterday, and me and my competitor were paired up with a twosome that were not competing, they were just playing. Two things happened: 1. My competitor shanked a ball off the tee and the non-competitor started giving him advice on where to place his...
  4. geneticistx

Monterey... 3 days... Spyglass, Pebble, and?

Hi all, Between a trip to Vegas and the pacific northwest, I have a few days to kill. I decided to make this my bucket list trip to pebble on May 31-June 2. I'm booked for Pebble and Spyglass. I can get a free round at Spanish Bay as part of the deal, or is there another course that is a MUST...
  5. geneticistx

Palm Desert Golf - Desert Falls?

Hi, I am a clubcorp member going to palm desert tomorrow and am scheduled to play Desert Falls. How does it compare to Desert Willow (Firecliff)? Thanks, M
  6. geneticistx

Aviara Feb 2 and 3

I'll be at Aviara Feb 2 and 3 if any THP'ers are down there and looking for a game. 10 cap.
  7. geneticistx

WTB: Scotty Cameron Headcover(s) for newport 2

I am looking for headcover(s) for my scotty. The ones that are expensive don't make sense to me, so if you have something in excellent condition at a reasonable price, please let me know. mike
  8. geneticistx

Aviara or Omni La Costa?

So, I'll be heading down to San Diego first week of February for some meetings. I am a clubcorp member and can play La Costa Omni as part of club corp and stay at their place with a discount. How does La Costa compare to Aviara in golf. The fact I can play as part of ClubCorp makes it very...
  9. geneticistx

birdie bug

Has anyone here used birdiebug to book a tee time? Is it similar to the other ones. I am looking at a tee time that through birdie bug is like 65% cheaper than regularly priced fee. I just don't want to through money away
  10. geneticistx

Fort Lauderdale December 14-19

Hi All, i'm heading down to FLL next week and am going to play: 1. Emerald Hills 2. Lago Mar 3. Plantation Preserve 4. Hillcrest 5. ? (open to suggestions) anyone want to join me? I'm a 10.6 index. Canadian.
  11. geneticistx

I've accepted that I don't hit as far anymore, and I'm scoring better!

Last year my 8 iron was 150 yards, this year my 7 iron is my 150 yard club. It took me a couple months of frustration and realizing that a slower, more relaxed swing with more club is getting me more GIR and lower scores than the first couple months of the season. I'm perfectly fine and...
  12. geneticistx

Best 9 of the year

shot 38 on the back 9 of my course yesterday... One double, one bogey, one birdie. It felt great to know the swing was reliable and accurate. Sure the front I was 46, but an 84 ain't bad for me as a 12 index. The biggest message i took from a great string of consistent golf was to slow...
  13. geneticistx

Titleist 910F shaft into 913F head?

can a shaft with a 910F surefit adapter fit into the 913 head?
  14. geneticistx

I love my Driver Shaft (NVS 85), now looking for a 4 wood shaft

I've put a NVS 85 (regular flex) shaft into my 913 D2 and now find the 62 g stock (r flex) shaft in my 4 wood a bit light. I like the heavier shafts in my driver and thinking a similar feel in my 913F 4 wood would be good. Should I look at the same shaft for the 3 wood but cut down in...
  15. geneticistx

Tactic for Club Championship?

What is the biggest difference in your approach to your game over a two or three day club championship?
Back