Recent content by Germerican

1. Germerican

Punch shot, bunker, elevated green, triple play.

I came across a very difficult shot today and failed miserably trying to pull it off. I hit a stray shot left of the hole into some trees. The next shot left me having to punch under some low hanging tree branches, over a bunker, and on elevated green. The only thing that I could do in my...
  2. Germerican

Barclay's Tickets (free)

Because I am a volunteer for the upcoming Barclays, I was given a guest pass for all six days. Tuesday is the practice round, Wednesday the Pro-Am, and the tournament from Thurs-Sunday. I should know on Tuesday what is still available and if you want to go, reply to this thread ONLY, do not PM...
  3. Germerican

I am a Barclays's volunteer!

Submitted my application today and paird for my services to volunteer at Bethpage for the Barclay's tournament! I signed up to be a field marshal as my first choice so I really do hope I get to be on the course instead of being behind the scenes. Great thing about this is that on days where I...
  4. Germerican

The more "Pro" thing you do

There was a thread I read yesterday here about judging people by their gear and someone had linked a photo of things that you do that pros do. It got me thinking, since no one here is a pro golfer, what quirks or things do you do on the course that could be considered a "pro move"? I like to...
  5. Germerican

Golf ball meets axe

Saw this on ESPN, enjoy.
  6. Germerican

Bethpage Black players wanted

I am looking to set up a foursome on May 8 to play the Black course at Bethpage. I will be calling in advance to reserve a foursome and will not camp in the parking lot for morning tee times, so it'll most likely be late morning or mid day for a secured spot. Unless people actually want to...
  7. Germerican

Par 3 Courses - Practice or Serious?

For those that frequent par 3 courses, do you take them seriously, or use them to practice your short game? I used to take them serious, but in order to improve my short game, they have become a live practice round for me. If there is no one behind me I will hit a couple extra balls with a...
  8. Germerican

Winter rust

Finally got to play a round yesterday in the lovely 50 degree weather here in NY. My first round since early January and already the winter rust has taken toll. Drives were sliced hooked, even hit a pop up. No control what so ever. I have my driver in full draw setting, I set up for a draw...
  9. Germerican

Cost of a Pro Golfer

Came across this video on YT and found it to be very interesting. I learned a few t hings that I thought was different for pros.
  10. Germerican

Angryyankee's GolfTEC Driver Fitting

I have an appointment booked for a driver fitting with GolfTEC. I have never been properly fit before apart from some recommendations from a big store fitter with little information. I am excited to see the results and what I will walk away with. I have my eye on the M1, but after tomorrow...
  11. Germerican

Easiest 3W to hit

I am currently gaming a Cobra BiO Cell 3/4W and looking to upgrade. I have trouble hitting woods as it is, even with lessons and Tadashi help. I am looking at picking up the TM Aeroburner 3W HL. I did a search and was surprised to find that there are no review threads up for the metal wood...
  12. Germerican

Big stick swing advice

Went to the range today (artificial mats) and worked on my 5 iron, hybrid, and 4 wood. Took a video of all three clubs with three swings each. I am not consistent at all when it comes to the top of the bag and would like to see if you or the community can point out any flaws that may be of...
  13. Germerican

PC Gaming

I was actually surprised that this thread doesn't exist seeing as there are separate threads for PS3/4 and Xbox gaming. So why not a PC gaming thread? If there is one, then apologies, but site search did not bring up any results. Anyway, I splurged this past weekend by preordering the new...
  14. Germerican

Great Athletes of Your Lifetime

I haven't been around long enough to witness some of the golden years in sports, but I have seen some legends rise and enter the record books. What athletes in their respective sports have you seen during your life that can be considered the greatest of all time? MLB: Ken Griffey Jr. NBA...
Back