Recent content by gfb107

1. gfb107

Checklist for golf trip? What am I missing?

Sun protection! Sunscreen Hat Sunglasses Sun sleeves
  2. gfb107

The Putting Challenge

Haven't tried it, but if it works for you that's great. I think the trick to the full LeanLock method is to achieve that 'natural' feel of comfort, lack of tension and confidence in the suggested setup. The part I struggle with the most is the pop or hit into the ball. That's the part that I...
  3. gfb107

2024 Callaway Golf Bags

Is anyone using the Fairway 14 with a Rovic RV1s pushcart? Would love some feedback on how that combination works. I use a SunMountain Sync with the Rovic RV1S, and it sits fairly well, but there isn't enough clearance to really open the storage compartment when the handle is fully raised...
  4. gfb107

2024 Callaway Golf Bags

Thanks. Can you also post a couple pics of how it sits when you let the bottom of the bag sit on the bottom bag rest of the Nitron? I know the lowrider 2.0 plastic/rubberized protector won't engage with the toplok bracket, and instead will rest on the upper pivoting arms and require use of...
  5. gfb107

Best Iron Finish?

I'd have to give the nod to Ping's HydroPearl finish.
  6. gfb107

2024 Callaway Golf Bags

Not sure I follow. Maybe you could post a couple of pictures?
  7. gfb107

Lamkin UT+ and UTX+ grips

I recently installed the Lamkin Hybrid ST+2s on my driver and 3 wood, and have been quite pleased with them. These also look good. I play glove-free, so thinking the UT+ would be a good fit for me, and slightly cheaper, but the UTX+ might also work. Look forward to reading some feedback on...
  8. gfb107

Complete "Complete Relief"?

Strictly speaking, in general, you deal with each situation individually. Taking relief can never force your ball out of bounds or into a penalty area, but it can force your ball into undesirable, even unplayable positions. First take relief from the abnormal course condition Then take relief...
  9. gfb107

From https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/players-edition/rule-16.html https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/players-edition/188_1.0.svg
  10. gfb107

I think the crux of the matter here is 'puts me too close to the fence to make an optimal swing'. If there is room to drop with full relief from the cart path, to the right of he path and within the general area (not out of bounds), that is where you must drop. Whether or not there is room for...
  11. gfb107

Does your course have online tee time booking?

Yes, powered by ForeTees. There have been issues, but overall it has worked pretty well, and has improved over time. Biggest issue was people using bots to book tee times.
  12. gfb107

Shot Scope X5 Watch

You probably have to connect to the phone app, and then it will automatically update the time.
  13. gfb107

Laces or Disc golf shoes?

I'm a fan of disc/boa, as long as the knob is on the side or back of the shoe. Do not like it in basically the same spot where I would tie my laces.
  14. gfb107

G/Fore Gallivan2r Shoes

I'm interested, but I definitely need wide.
  15. gfb107

Ping S159 Wedges

Yes, they offer RAW wedges, but they haven't gone all in like other OEMs where the top of the line wedges are only RAW.
Back