Recent content by gmiller598

1. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

Shane Doan played his rookie season in Winnipeg and moved with the team to Aizona. He is synonymous with Coyotes hockey. Now his son Josh got to play his first NHL games with the Coyotes this year and will move with the team to Utah.
  2. gmiller598

SNL Beavis and Butthead

It was funny but I enjoyed the alien abduction more. I'm almost always near tears laughing so hard when they do that bit.
  3. gmiller598

Is it wrong to wear (golf) merch if you’ve never been there?

I won't wear a shirt of a specific course or event unless I've played there or been there as a spectator but that's just me.
  4. gmiller598

Whiskey Thread

What do you like? I haven't been to Louisville for a few years so I kow a few things have changed but I recall Evan Williams having a Speakeasy tasting where you go to a hidden bar down in the basement that was cool. I also enjoyed a small place like Peerless. specially if you like Rye...
  5. gmiller598

Does Rick Shiels Move The Needle?

If Tiger Woods couldn't move the needle for Nike golf clubs, I'm not sure anyone will buy Wilson just because Rick Shiels plays them. They might and be and are probably great for certain golfer but until I see them in stores and being pushed by a marketing campaign like TaylorMade and Callaway...
  6. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

Quebec may get another shot in expansion but the dwindling attendance in Winnipeg for a winning team has to be concerning for the league when Quebec City is a slightly smaller area. Hockey will never return to Hartford. It suffered because it was too close to everything else. Everyone there is...
  7. gmiller598

The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Par for the course. There needs to be a good house cleaning in the team structure this offseason. I hope a new GM just cleans house and starts fresh.
  8. gmiller598

Whiskey Thread

I think its 2 things. People began producing more and that stuff is reaching their 6-8 year old maturity now and it's only going to keep increasing over time. Also, people have tightened their spending a bit. I also think it somewhat goes in cycles where people get bored and then move onto...
  9. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

That's a fair thought depending on where people live. The Panthers have been in that location for 30 years and have had a chance to build the market around them even though they play a 45 minute drive from the Miami Heat. Is there an ideal location for any sport in that area? it seems baseball...
  10. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

I do think arena location has a huge impact. The Phoenix metropolitan region is huge. The Panthers have struggled historically with attendance because their arena is not in a great location either being almost an hour from Miami. The Ottawa Senators have struggled with attendance because their...
  11. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

The attendance has some caveats though. They've always been near the bottom of the league in attendance. Living in Columbus myself, I understand that fairweather fans will only show up when a team is winning. Even when the Coyotes were successful they still struggled in attendance...
  12. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

13. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

I feel sorry for fans of Arizona but the ownership and the local government has made it hard for them to be fans. Phoenix is just not a market that is going to work. Glendal failed because of bad ownership and the fact it takes like 45 minutes to driver from the east side of the Phoenix area to...
  14. gmiller598

NHL Team Moving?

I mean... that was like 30 years ago.
  15. gmiller598

The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I think we tried that. We don't possess the puck long enough and take short rushes down the ice, fail to score and then let the other team setup shop in the offensive zone to take advantage of our poor defense. We need a bit of Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense to actually have...
Back