Recent content by goalie

1. goalie

Guns and Golf

J M Custom Kydex or Tier 1 for AIWB for me. Bravo Concealment for OWB cheap holster Safariland with ALS retention for battle belt with full sized handgun. (G17, 5" M&P, Beretta M9A1)
  2. goalie

What’s Your 150 Club?

7-iron for me. Life improved on the course when I accepted being older and quit swinging hard.
  3. goalie

Cart situation with social distancing?

The course I played Sunday allowed people with the same address to ride together. I don't know if that is officially "OK" here in Minnesota, but there were a few double rider carts, and the owner told us that was how he was doing it. I personally don't see that as a bad thing.
  4. goalie

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Those of us doing testing seem to think the likelihood of wrong test results (false negatives/positives) due to the test kits is more likely than anything else. We've seen around a 20% error rate with the early kits. We wasted a lot of kits doing repeat tests when the disease presentation and...
  5. goalie

What did you shoot today?

46/51-97 Not bad for me after winter. The HL4 clubs are still amazing!!!! Would've had a good (for me) round, but hit 2 into a swamp off the tee on a par 5 for a 9. I was trying to kill it. I succeeded, only I killed my score. 😉
  6. goalie

Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

I am over 50 with a history of doing, as my wife puts it, "$%$%&& stupid" stuff, so my back really doesn't like it when I carry. It's not bad on the course, It's the next day.
  7. goalie

Do you carry or use a push cart? My Bag Boy Quad purchase was life changing. I didn't realize how much my back hurt by the 13-14th holes until it didn't.
  8. goalie

If it got me out of the hospital and onto the course, I'd do it. We'll see how today goes. My wife had me do a mulch/dirt run yesterday once she found out Menards was not only essential, bit had the rebate going..... The shoulders are sore.
  9. goalie

Any Sports Memorabilia Collectors?

Don Beaupre and myself breaking in retro gear before the outdoor Alumni game
  10. goalie

Wayne undressed me like a prom date in a charity hockey game. I still regret not keeping that puck.
  11. goalie

The mask was signed by a starting goalie from every North Stars team. The Jersey is just a plain practice jersey. I wore it during a Wild practice when they needed a goalie. They let me keep it.
  12. goalie

Metalworking

For art, it's easy with MIG and gas. You can cut mistakes apart and re-weld. Almost the opposite of wood. Compared to a "real" welder though, well, let's just say the grinder makes me the welder I'm not........
  13. goalie

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

People seem to be stuck in the logical fallacy of the false dichotomy in regards to covid19. This isn't Captain Trips. It also damn sure isn't the flu. We don't need to shut everything down and act like it's the end of the world, but, at the same time, prudent measures to prepare were...
  14. goalie

Metalworking

Some are used, but cleaning them is a pain. Most from a place called Centaur Forge. For what people pay me for horseshoe stuff, using new is cost effective simply because you don't have to clean them, which takes a decent amount of time.
  15. goalie

Metalworking

More re-purposed metal art.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in